HR Officer Job Description
hr officer job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
HR Officer Job Description
The human resources officer (HRO) is the person who is responsible for implementing, managing, and enforcing human resource procedures in a company.
The HRO works closely with and reports to the human resources manager.
We’re looking for a HR Officer who is passionate about their work and takes pride in their department. The ideal candidate will be a team player with excellent communication skills.
HR Officer Duties:
- Develop and maintain an efficient HR strategy that aligns with the organization’s strategic objectives
- Effectively manage recruitment functions
- Manage the payroll function including processing bi-weekly payroll, reviewing and approving timesheets, processing pay adjustments, and collecting delinquent payments
- Develop job descriptions, develop and administer employee programs, and administer employee benefits in accordance with all applicable local, state, and federal laws
- Develop performance reviews, provide feedback, and motivate employees to reach their potential
- Maintain confidentiality of personnel records
- Create and update employee policies, procedures, and management guidelines
- Develop and implement training programs for all employees
- Provide general administrative support to senior management
- Provide technical assistance to other departments
HR Officer Responsibilities:
- Manage employee relations and hiring processes, and ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal laws pertaining to employee eligibility, classification, compensation, benefits, and their safety in the workplace
- Advise and provide counsel to management on compensation, benefit, and incentive plans, and assist in development of new policies and programs
- Ensure records are maintained in compliance with federal and state laws
- Manage recruitment and hiring processes
- Maintain employee, payroll, and benefit records, and prepare reports
- Provide administrative support to personnel managers
- Maintain and disseminate employee policy handbooks
- Provide administrative support, including desk-side assistance, to HR Director
- Manage payroll, including timecards, timekeeping, and preparation of payroll reports
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Oversee HR administrative functions, including hiring, onboarding, benefits administration,
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred in human resources, business administration, or related field
- 1+ year’s HR experience in operations, or a related field
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws
- Knowledge of recruiting and hiring practices, including interview techniques
- Knowledge of
At Company Name, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.