HVAC Helper Job Description
hvac helper job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
HVAC Helper Job Description
HVAC Helper is a mechanical or electrical worker who assists HVAC technicians on jobs.
The HVAC Helper will clean air ducts, install and repair HVAC systems, install, maintain, and test the HVAC systems.
The HVAC Helper will also maintain smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors.
HVAC Helpers may also perform light plumbing tasks.
We’re looking for an HVAC Helper to work with our team on a variety of HVAC projects. The ideal candidate will have some experience in the field and be able to work independently with minimal supervision. If you’re interested in joining our team, please send us your resume and we’ll be in touch.
HVAC Helper Duties:
- Assist HVAC Technicians with servicing, diagnosing, and maintaining heating and ventilation equipment for residential and commercial customers
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on HVAC systems
- Install and service heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment
- Read and follow repair orders
- Assist with service calls
- Stock supplies and parts
- Assist with customer sales
- Verify invoices and warranty information
- Assist with inventory management
HVAC Helper Responsibilities:
- Perform basic HVAC installation, service, and repair tasks, such as installing and servicing heating, cooling, and ventilation systems
- Install, service, and repair residential equipment, such as furnaces and boilers
- Maintain and troubleshoot HVAC equipment
- Develop strong problem solving skills
- Report to and receive training from more experienced HVAC technicians
- Work with tools to install, maintain, and repair HVAC equipment
- Work with electricity to install, maintain, and repair HVAC equipment
- Use hand tools, power tools, and equipment to perform installation, maintenance, and repair tasks
- Operate forklift for movement of materials
- Perform minor plumbing, carpentry, and electrical tasks
- Perform minor building and masonry tasks
- Assist with painting tasks
- Remove and replace air filters
- Greet to inspect customers
Requirements And Skills:
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- A strong knowledge of HVAC equipment and how it works
- Excellent customer service and computer skills
- Experience with maintenance, repair, and installation of HVAC systems
Our [Company Name] is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to assembling a diverse and inclusive team, and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, religions, nationalities, genders, and ages. We especially encourage applications from veterans and individuals with disabilities.