Hydrologist Job Description
hydrologist job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Hydrologist Job Description
A hydrologist looks at and studies the behavior of water.
In doing this, hydrologists look at the land, the bodies of water, and the interactions between them.
Hydrologists are then able to tell what effects water has on plants, animals, and people.
A hydrologist uses his or her knowledge of how water from rivers, lakes, and oceans affect the Earth’s surface.
These natural resources include water allocation, irrigation, farming, hydropower, and flood control.
A hydrologist also manages water-related issues such as pollution, drought, and nuclear waste.
When studying water, a hydro
We’re looking for a Hydrologist to help us study the water cycle and how it affects our environment.
- Perform field surveys for well design and installation
- Find solutions to water well problems and consult with others on optimal solutions to water well issues
- Assist with installation of well systems
- Production and maintenance of well records
- Perform hydrogeologic tests and geophysical studies
- Scientists with a bachelor’s degree in hydrogeology, geology, or another related field
- Provide technical support for the planning, analysis, and documentation of hydrologic investigations and forecasting studies
- Prepare and process hydrologic investigations and forecasts in compliance with American Water Works Association Standards No. 24 and 233
- Perform hydrologic data collection, analysis, and simulation using Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Design and model watersheds and water resources with GIS
- Develop hydrologic models to determine water quality and quantity, land use, and stormwater management
- Provide technical assistance to geologists and engineers on hydrologic studies
- Assist with the development of hydrologic monitoring and water quality monitoring plans
- Assist with the development of hydrologic and water quality model calibrations
- Perform water resource evaluations and assessments
- Perform hydrologic modeling and analysis
- Conduct resource assessments and evaluations
- Assist with the preparation of watershed management plans
- Review and provide technical review and approval of hydrologic studies and
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in geology, hydrology, atmospheric science, or related field
- Significant experience in hydrology modeling
- Experience in performing and interpreting hydrology, soil, and hydraulics investigations
- Drilling, sampling, and testing experience
- Planning and budgeting skills
We at Company Name believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is key to success. We encourage applications from people of all walks of life, and are committed to building a team that reflects the rich tapestry of our society.