ICU Nurse Job Description
icu nurse job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
ICU Nurse Job Description
An ICU nurse is a Registered Nurse (RN) who provides direct patient care in the intensive care unit (ICU).
The ICU nurse specializes in caring for severely ill patients such as patients with multiple organ failure, cardiovascular, respiratory, or metabolic diseases, as well as trauma patients.
ICU nurses also care for patients who need advanced life support, such as ventilator patients and patients with traumatic brain injuries.
ICU nurses are educated to provide critical care to patients experiencing life-threatening complications.
The ICU nurse is under the direction of a critical care registered nurse.
The critical care registered nurse plans, implements, and evaluates the nursing care of patients.
We’re looking for an ICU Nurse to join our team! We provide compassionate and high-quality care to our patients and their families. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about making a difference in the lives of others.
ICU Nurse Duties:
- Performs a variety of tasks, including monitoring patient’s vital signs and responding to emergencies
- Assists in taking medical history and in performing physical examinations
- Provides routine and emergency care to patients
- Performs various diagnostic procedures
- Provides patients with information on health maintenance
- Prepares and maintains patient records
- Performs other duties as assigned
ICU Nurse Responsibilities:
- Assist physicians and healthcare teams in providing health care services to the patients
- Provide nursing care for patients in acute care or critical care units
- Perform routine laboratory tests, record vital signs, and administer medications or treatments
- Support physicians in evaluating patients’ conditions
- Prepare patients for examination and treatment
- Answer nurse call systems and notify appropriate personnel when and as needed
- Administer drugs, medications
- Conduct bedside care and document patient visits
- Assist in the coordination of patient transfers, including monitoring patients’ vital signs and transporting them
- Report patient observations and problems to staff as appropriate
- Assist with ordering of supplies
- Maintain medical records, including medication and treatment records
- Assist with patient orientation and education programs
- Take vital signs
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or Registered Nursing
- – Current and valid RN license in State of practice
- Two years surgical ICU experience preferred
- Current BLS certification
- Basic computer proficiency
- Demonstrated excellent communication, interpersonal, and organization skills
Company Name is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success, and we are committed to building a team that reflects the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.