Immunologist Job Description
immunologist job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Immunologist Job Description
An immunologist is a medical doctor who studies the immune system.
Immunologists develop medicines that target and block infection by bacteria and viruses, as well as immune cells that are damaged or malfunctioning.
These doctors also diagnose and treat autoimmune diseases, such as Crohn’s disease, lupus, and rheumatoid arthritis.
Immunologists may specialize in veins, tumors, or diseases of the blood.
These doctors may conduct research to better understand how the immune system works.
A physician who specializes in immunology is known as a hematologist.
We’re looking for a highly skilled and experienced Immunologist to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Immunology and be able to effectively communicate their findings to the rest of the team. They will be responsible for leading the research and development of new immunology treatments and procedures and will be required to work closely with other members of the team in order to ensure the success of the project.
- Lead, coordinate, and supervise a team of immunologists and other healthcare professionals
- Develop and manage annual budgets
- Lead and oversee the development of research protocol
- Actively participate in clinical aspects of research
- Work collaboratively with other physicians/health care professionals
- Lead quality improvement efforts within the department
- Develop strategies for educating patients about their disease process and treatment
- Design and conduct clinical trials
- Help develop clinical testing methods to address research questions
- Help ensure appropriate and efficient use of resources
- Identify, develop and test vaccines, diagnostics, and therapeutics against infectious and other diseases
- Perform advanced immunobioassays, cell culture, immunohistochemistry, and immunologic methodologies, and use appropriate laboratory and information systems
- Develop, evaluate, and optimize animal models for drug discovery
- Participate in scientific activities for the purpose of development, promotion, or support for innovative therapies
- Write or review reports of laboratory investigations, data, and analyses
- Communicate scientific findings and information to diverse audience through technical presentations, publications, or other forms of documentation
- Communicate with scientists and managers to establish and maintain productive relationships
- Participate in research, development, test, or evaluation of vaccines and related products
- Perform other duties as required – Clinical Trials
Requirements And Skills:
- PhD in immunology or a related field
- 3+ years experience in research, development, or regulatory affairs in the pharmaceutical industry
- At least 1 year of experience in the general area of immunology
- Knowledge of drug development processes
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
At Company Name, we believe that diversity and inclusion are key to success. We are committed to building a team that reflects our diverse community and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from people of all races, religions, nationalities, genders, , , and ages.