Inventory Manager Job Description
inventory manager job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Inventory Manager Job Description
The inventory manager is a person who is responsible for buying and keeping track of the inventory that a business has.
With an inventory of items, the manager has to make sure each inventory item is accounted for and is able to be sold.
The inventory manager is also responsible for receiving inventory, receiving invoices, and transferring inventory to the proper locations.
In addition, the manager is also responsible for picking inventory, checking inventory, counting inventory, and tracking inventory on a daily basis.
We’re looking for an Inventory Manager to join our team and help us keep track of our inventory. The Inventory Manager will be responsible for maintaining accurate records of our inventory, updating our inventory database, and coordinating with our team to ensure that our inventory is up-to-date. If you have experience with inventory management and are interested in joining our team, we encourage you to apply!
Inventory Manager Duties:
- Maintain inventory records that accurately and completely describe materials, supplies, and equipment
- Administer daily inventory functions by maintaining physical inventory and verifying counts
- Maintain the receipt, issue, and confidential handling of all supplies and equipment
- Ensure all inventory transactions are processed accurately
- Oversee the storage and retrieval of materials
- Oversee and process purchase orders
- Follow up and resolve all inventory discrepancies
- Record all inventory transactions
- Maintain accurate inventory records
- Review and process invoices
- Maintain a logbook of domestic shipments
- Maintain an inventory control system
- Produce and maintain logs and reports
Inventory Manager Responsibilities:
- Work with the operations team to develop and implement inventory plans, collecting and analyzing data, and ordering, receiving, and managing inventory
- Manage and maintain up-to-date inventory records, including: item count, cost per unit, usage, cycle count, budget, storage requirements, and expiration dates
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies and procedures for inventory control, including: receiving, storage, and disposal
- Develop and implement inventory management systems and procedures, including: barcode scanning and inventory management software
- Maintain efficient shipping and receiving by receiving, inspecting, verifying, and shipping products in a timely matter
- Fulfill requests for products, supplies, and work equipment
- Manage inventory and warehouse facility, including: receiving, shipping, storage, inventory accuracy, orders, purchase orders, and inventory management
- Track inventory and warehouse activities,
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in supply chain management or business administration
- 2+ years’ inventory planning, control, and reporting experience
- Knowledge of inventory control procedures, principles, and systems
- Knowledge of company purchasing policies and procedures
- Ability to make recommendations and recommendations on inventory
At Company Name, we believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to success. We are committed to building a team that reflects our values and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all races, religions, nationalities, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.