IT Auditor Job Description
it auditor job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
IT Auditor Job Description
An IT auditor is a professional who examines an organization’s information systems to ensure compliance with internal controls and to evaluate their security.
Organizations may employ IT auditors to ensure that their information systems meet their security, reliability, and availability needs.
An IT auditor’s primary duty is to ensure that an organization’s controls over its information systems are adequate to mitigate risks to the organization.
This can involve examining an organization’s information systems, data, and operations.
An IT auditor may also examine security technologies, such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems (IDS).
An IT auditor may also develop controls over an organization’s information systems.
We’re looking for an IT Auditor to join our team. You will be responsible for auditing our IT systems and procedures to ensure they are effective and compliant with regulations. You should have experience auditing IT systems and be familiar with best practices for auditing IT systems. If you are a motivated self-starter with strong attention to detail, then we want to hear from you!
IT Auditor Duties:
- Investigate all IT systems to uncover deficiencies or irregularities
- Identify security flaws and compliance issues
- Inspect server installations, maintain databases, and assess network performance
- Perform analysis to ensure network availability and security
- Review enterprise systems architecture, including application and infrastructure components
- Define, document, and disseminate audit findings
IT Auditor Responsibilities:
- Review and audit financial statements, monthly sales reports, and inventories to determine compliance, and report findings to senior management
- Perform data analysis and document findings using spreadsheet and database applications
- Manage the use, storage, and security of sensitive information
- Proactively manage key business relationships, including vendors, customers, and regulators
- Conduct research on financial and industry topics and analyze trends and issues
- Plan, coordinate, and perform IT audits
- Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or IT Management or relevant field
- 3+ years proven experience as an auditor, preferably in IT
- Knowledge of technical auditing and IT systems
- Expertise in ERP, AMS, or supply chain systems
[Company Name] is an employer that is equal opportunity. We’re committed to assembling a workforce that is diverse and inclusive. We actively encourage job applications from individuals of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as from veterans and individuals with disabilities.