Janitor Job Description
janitor job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Janitor Job Description
A janitor is a worker employed to clean the premises of schools, hospitals, offices, and recreation centers.
Since janitors are often cleaning buildings or facilities on a daily basis, the job is often plain, but physically demanding.
Janitors work in facilities that range from schools to office buildings.
The job of a janitor can include tasks like sweeping, mopping, trash removal, vacuuming, cleaning windows, and cleaning bathrooms.
Janitors usually work a standard 40-hour week, but many work overtime as the need arises.
We’re looking for a Janitor to help keep our office clean and tidy. The Janitor will be responsible for sweeping and mopping floors, emptying trashcans, and cleaning bathrooms. Apply today!
- Maintain cleanliness of building, including restrooms, lobbies, offices, and trash removal
- Schedule cleanings of indoor units and common areas of building
- Drain cleaning and vacuuming floors
- Empty trash receptacles
- Clean exterior of building, including windows, doors, and stairs
- Sort and stack garbage
- Clean windows, doors, and walls
- Remove graffiti
- Adhere to legal regulations, building and safety codes, and other requirements
- Clean, maintain, and replace equipment and premises, including offices, restrooms, conference rooms, hallways, and stairwells
- Monitor security, fire, and life safety systems
- Perform general cleaning duties, including vacuuming, mopping, dusting, trash removal, and emptying waste receptacles
- Maintain facility appearance, and ensure cleanliness of all restrooms and kitchens
- Ensure all inventory and equipment are accounted for
- Maintain inventory, including food and supplies
- Assist with moving and storage of items
- Maintain overall cleanliness, order, and appearance of assigned work areas
- Maintain safe, orderly, and sanitary working conditions
- Clean and disinfect surfaces, including desks, chairs, telephones, and walls
- Use floor care equipment, including cleaning machines, sweepers, and scrubbers
Requirements And Skills:
- 2+ years experience in janitorial or custodial work
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and equipment
- Strong oral communication, organization, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to interact positively and productively with co-workers, visitors, and supervisors
At [Company Name], we are an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, gender expressions, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.