Job Coach Job Description
job coach job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Job Coach Job Description
A job coach is a person who has the training and certification to help individuals with job seeking difficulties and job search activities.
Job coaches help individuals prepare for job interviews and by developing a resume, cover letter, and conducting mock interviews.
As a coach, they assist individuals in networking, which is an essential part of job seeking because it is the main way individuals get jobs.
Job coaches also help individuals in the job search process with searching for jobs, applying for jobs, finding a job, and working for an employer.
Before 1980, many job coaches were known as rehabilitation counselors.
Rehabilitation counselors helped individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
We’re looking for a Job Coach to help people with finding and keeping a job. The Job Coach will help with resume writing, interviewing, and job search skills.
Job Coach Duties:
- Assist individuals in discovering and developing their talents.
- Provide training and coaching to employees (coaching is a more proactive form of training).
- Design training based on individual and organizational development needs.
- Provide guidance and direction to employees.
- Perform employee evaluations, determine the need for promotional opportunities, and implement strategies to achieve positive results.
- Track progress and address issues.
- Create specific development plans to help employees reach organizational and individual objectives.
Job Coach Responsibilities:
- Provide professional job search assistance, including resume, cover letter, interviewing techniques, and career discovery, to San Diego Job Seekers.
- Work with Job Seekers to help them identify career goals, match them with available job and training opportunities, and refer them to local employment resources.
- Assist Job Seekers in developing professional resumes, cover letters, and interviewing skills.
- Train Job Seekers in job-search techniques, such as job searching, networking, and interviewing.
- Work with Job Seekers to identify job search goals and assist with identifying and applying for open positions, submitting resumes, preparing for interviews, and negotiating offers.
- Assist Job Seekers with identifying resources available in the community.
- Work with Job Seekers to maintain and update their resume, cover letter, and job search information.
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, counseling, social work, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in job coaching and counseling
- Ability to communicate effectively with both individuals and groups
- Ability to establish and follow through on goals
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
[Company Name] is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We encourage applications from all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages.