Lacrosse Coach Job Description
lacrosse coach job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Lacrosse Coach Job Description
A lacrosse coach is an individual who coaches a team or individual player to play the sport of lacrosse.
Lacrosse is a team sport played with a lacrosse stick and a ball.
Lacrosse, or Jai-alai as it is also known, is a sport that was popularized in the United States by Native Americans, and is a major college sport.
Lacrosse is a team sport in which a team fields six players and a goaltender.
The game is played indoors or outdoors and is played on a diamond-shaped field.
Lacrosse teams consist of three players on offense and three defensive players.
The offensive players score by shooting the ball into the opposing team’s goal, which is defended by the
We’re looking for an experienced Lacrosse Coach to lead our team to victory. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success, and will be able to instill a winning attitude in our players. If you have the passion and the commitment to take our team to the top, then we want to hear from you!
Lacrosse Coach Duties:
- Manage and coach lacrosse teams in the development, training, and conditioning
- Manage fundraising activities
- Oversee recruiting
- Develop practice plans
- Train and assess lacrosse players
- Develop and communicate lacrosse program philosophy
- Develop and maintain communication pathway with parent, player, and school administration
- Meet retention goals through recruitment and coaching
- Assist with scheduling and administration of sports camps
- Assist with scheduling and administration of clinics
- Assist with scheduling and administration of tournaments
- Provide instruction and coaching during team practice
- Supervise coaching assistants and staff
- Sign contracts
- Negotiate coach contracts
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Deal effectively with parents
- Passion for the game of lacrosse
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Lacrosse Coach Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage daily schedule for the team, and set individual goals for each player with the necessary resources in place
- Assist in recruiting new players
- Maintain and update team training techniques, skills, and drills
- Assist in development of new lacrosse skills
- Coach practice and game sessions, and develop game strategy for upcoming games
- Manage team budget, including costs related to equipment, uniforms, travel, and meals
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with parents, players, and school administration
- Meet with players and parents to discuss discipline, team performance, and overall performance of each player
- Attend postgame practice to discuss player performance, goals, and ways to improve
- Communicate goals and expectations for players, parents, and school administration
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in physical education, sports management, or related field
- 2+ years’ proven experience coaching lacrosse
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to coach all levels of play, from beginner to competitive
- Knowledge of USA and NJ Girls
We at Company Name are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We understand that a diverse and inclusive team is key to success and we encourage applications from people of all walks of life. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.