Legal Analyst Job Description
legal analyst job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Legal Analyst Job Description
A Legal Analyst is an individual that reviews legal documents and financial statements.
A legal analyst is generally employed by either a law office or accounting firm.
The analysts work in a team environment, which generally consists of one senior and one or more junior analysts.
The analysts provide legal interpretations and recommendations.
They also prepare legal documents that assist clients with the negotiation of contracts and the sale of a business.
Other responsibilities of the legal analyst include investigating legal matters, drafting legal documents, and reviewing contracts and other legal documents.
The analyst must have meticulous attention to detail and be able to research and analyze complex legal
We’re looking for a legal analyst to join our team. The ideal candidate will have experience in research and analysis, and be able to work independently to support our legal team. If you’re interested in joining a fast-paced and growing company, please submit your resume and cover letter today.
Legal Analyst Duties
- Prepare, analyze, and monitor litigation programs
- Investigate, review, or monitor litigation matters
- Familiarize with the firm’s practice areas
- Assist with case development, preparation, organization, or review
- Assist in legal research
- Proactively identify, mitigate, and track recurring legal issues
- Communicate with various levels within the organization on a routine basis
- Advise managing partners, other managers, and attorneys
- Identify and request necessary operational support (including technology, tools, etc.)
- Perform other functions or special projects as requested
Legal Analyst Responsibilities
- Attend meetings with attorneys and other attorneys, attend court hearings, and draft pleadings and motions, review contracts, and draft and review legal agreements
- Research and draft legal opinions and memorandum of opinion, and provide legal support during negotiation and drafting of contracts
- Research, analyze, and draft legal documents, agreements, and contracts
- Prepare and manage legal documents
- Submit and monitor legal invoices
- Provide legal advice to company management
- Perform legal research and draft legal documents
- Review and analyze legal documents
- Prepare and file legal documents
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Follow up on matters
- Greet and court clients
- Familiar with rules of court
- Cooperate with other departments
- Work well with others
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others
Requirements And Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Law, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field
- 2+ years proven experience in legal analysis or legal project management
- Proven ability to research, interpret, and summarize complex legal documents
- Ability to draft and manage contracts
At [Company Name], we believe that diversity is key to success. We are committed to building a team that is inclusive of people of all races, religions, national origins, genders and ages. We encourage applications from all people, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.