Librarian Job Description
librarian job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Librarian Job Description
A librarian is someone in a library, or a person who works in a public library.
A librarian is a person who provides information services to library users, and also manages or maintains the library itself.
Librarians are responsible for the collection, organization, maintenance, and dissemination of information.
They also answer questions from library patrons.
Librarians are trained in areas such as library science, information science, and information technology.
Librarians are responsible for all, or a part of, the daily operations of the library.
Most librarians work in libraries, although there are some who work for schools, universities, and other institutions.
We’re looking for a Librarian to help us organize our collection of books. The Librarian will be responsible for sorting books by category, author, and title. They will also be responsible for keeping the collection up-to-date by adding new books and removing old ones.
- Maintain and develop library collections for academic, public, and special libraries
- Maintain and oversee access to library resources
- Develop and implement policies for library services
- Maintain and update library databases
- Regularly evaluate, upgrade, and research technology solutions
- Maintain library website
- Promote library services inside and outside the library, including public and school events
- Develop and maintain staff
- Work closely with the Director of Public Relations and Marketing to build and maintain a library that is organized and well catalogued
- Manage the collection, preservation, and acquisition of materials
- Maintain and update the library website to include links to both internal and external sites, including the company’s blog, social media accounts, and online press releases
- Maintain and update the library’s online catalog
- Research, evaluate, and order new materials
- Manage the collection’s budget and finances
- Discuss library policies and procedures with new employees, and oversee their implementation
- Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements And Skills:
- A minimum of three years experience in a public library setting, and preferably in a professional services capacity such as reference, information technology, or management
- Knowledge and experience in information resource delivery, including reference and resource sharing services
- Strong skills in using Microsoft Office products related to creating, editing, and
At Company Name, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We encourage applications from all people of different races, religions, national origins, genders, , , gender expressions, and ages. We also encourage veteran and individual applications.