Line Cook Job Description
line cook job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Line Cook Job Description
A line cook, or Prep Cook, is responsible for preparing food in a specific station under the supervision of the Head Chef. Restaurants typically have multiple line cooks, each one works in a different station.
We’re looking for a Line Cook to work in our kitchen and help prepare meals for our guests. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a kitchen and be able to follow instructions from our chef. If you are interested in this position.
Line cook job description template includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role. It’s optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize this template for your company.
Line Cook Duties
- Develop and plan menus with head chef
- Prepare and serve meals to guests
- Assist chef with food preparation
- Maintain kitchen
- Make cold foods, salads, sandwiches
- Maintain dish-washing station
- Assist with banquet setup and cleanup
- Follow food safety standards
- Clean kitchen and dining areas
- Deliver food to dining rooms
- Serve drinks to guests
- Clean work area and dining rooms
- Deal with guest complaints
- Service guests as needed
- Follow policies and procedures
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required
Line Cook Responsibilities
- Prepare, cook, and present food according to recipe, quality, and presentation standards
- Maintain portion control, food storage, and sanitation standards and schedules
- Enforce strict safety, quality, and sanitation standards in the kitchen and dining areas to protect against the risks of injuries
- Train employees on skills, techniques, and job procedures, and enforce safety, sanitation, and quality standards during kitchen operations
- Maintain equipment, tools, and supplies
- Maintain all food storage areas, utensils, and equipment
- Maintain supply inventories
- Maintain cleanliness of kitchen, dining areas, and kitchen equipment
- Clean and sanitize kitchen equipment, utensils, and work area
- Maintain complete documentation of all food orders
- Maintain kitchen area and storage area
- Maintain guest satisfaction and customer service
Requirements and Skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Ability to effectively communicate, coordinate, and problem solve with co-workers and management
- Excellent customer service skills
[Company Name] is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly believe in building a diverse and inclusive team. We are committed to ensuring that applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages are welcome, as well as veterans and individuals.