Lobbyist Job Description
lobbyist job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Lobbyist Job Description
A lobbyist is a person who represents a client in governmental affairs.
Lobbyists typically try to influence legislative or regulatory activities of a government or private corporation.
Lobbyists are generally hired by those who stand to gain financially from the passage of a law or regulation.
Lobbyists also lobby to increase government spending on particular programs, and to decrease government spending on programs they oppose.
Lobbyists also lobby for a variety of causes, such as environmental protection, health care, labor, or education.
Most lobbying is done through government agencies that handle specific policy matters.
We’re looking for a lobbyist to help us influence important government decisions.
- Maintain relationships and develop alliances with elected officials, community leaders, and other relevant stakeholders
- Establish and maintain trustworthy, long-term relationships with elected officials, community leaders, and other relevant stakeholders
- Develop and maintain professional relations with elected officials, community leaders, and other relevant stakeholders
- Generate positive media exposure and visibility in the community
- Support and promote the organization’s mission and vision
- Contact and build relationships with public officials, and engage in advocacy and lobbying to advance the company’s business interests
- Prepare materials to support efforts to gain support for the company’s legislation, regulations, or activities, including press releases, fact sheets, talking points, and position papers
- Meet with and obtain feedback from government officials about proposed legislation or policies, and respond to their feedback
- Update the company’s website with information about its legislative or regulatory efforts, including press releases, fact sheets, talking points, and position papers
- Attend meetings and hearings and write letters, emails, and other communications to government officials
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years’ proven experience as a lobbyist
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with legislators and other governmental officials
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a constant eye on quality
- Knowledge of contract negotiation and administration
[Company Name] is an employer that is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. We are dedicated to constructing a team that is inclusive of people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages. We also encourage applications from veterans and individuals with disabilities.