MDS Coordinator Job Description
mds coordinator job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
MDS Coordinator Job Description
The MDS Coordinator is a specially trained diagnostician who oversees the planning, preparation, and conducting of a diagnostic evaluation of a mental health patient or population.
The MDS Coordinator is trained to understand the general principles and basic concepts of mental health diagnosis, and to know how to apply them to the individual patient.
The MDS Coordinator also must keep up to date on new developments in the field of mental health diagnosis.
The MDS Coordinator is trained to conduct interviews, assessments, and evaluations of the patient or population.
He or she is trained to recognize and report signs of potential psychiatric illness.
We’re looking for a MDS Coordinator who can help us with our medical documentation. The right candidate will have experience with medical coding and be able to work with our team to ensure that our documentation is accurate and up to date. If you have the necessary skills and experience, please apply today!
MDS Coordinator Duties:
- Develop and implement a preventative care program, drug screening and education, and treatment services
- Provide comprehensive, holistic, and personalized care to patients by providing them with effective resources, guidance, and support
- Promote the MDS program by collaborating with medical services and social workers, referring patients to specialists as needed, and providing information to patients
- Coordinate with managers of other departments to coordinate referrals
- Provide referrals for patients needing treatment, social services, and other programs
- Learn healthcare management disciplines, focusing on treatment, prevention, and self-help activities
- Develop, implement, test, update, and evaluate patient care plans
- Provide health education to patients, families, and the general public by educating other healthcare professionals, community agencies, and schools
- Communicate with physicians and other health professionals regarding patient status
- Develop referral networks within healthcare facilities
MDS Coordinator Responsibilities:
- To assist the customer with projects, MDS personnel will be responsible for the following functions:
- Performing duties related to the sales, design, and project management of renewable energy projects
- Responsible for responding to customer inquiries and requests for proposal
- Assisting in designing and facilitating MDS technical training activities
- Assists in the generation of MDS marketing materials
- Performing administrative tasks (such as filing, ordering supplies, distributing mail, etc.)
- Assisting with warranty service
- Managing attendance issues, such as scheduling, tracking hours, and coordinating training
- Performing other duties as assigned
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in health science or a related field
- 3+ years’ experience in medical coding, billing, and auditing
- Knowledge of CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-10-CM codes and medical terminology
- Ability to calculate average and differential diagnoses
- Excellent communication skills
At [Company Name], we are an equal opportunity employer. We believe in building a diverse and inclusive team and encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, , , gender expressions, and ages. We also welcome veterans and individuals with disabilities.