Midwife Job Description
midwife job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Midwife Job Description
A midwife is a health care professional who assists women during the childbirth process.
Midwives work in settings such as hospitals, birth centers, or at home.
Midwifery care is a broad term that includes primary care, obstetric care, and gynecology care.
Midwifery care also includes prenatal care that is holistic in nature.
A midwife is a doctorally prepared nurse who has had specialized education and training specific to midwifery.
Midwives receive post graduate education and focus on educating themselves about the growing field of gynecological and obstetrical care.
Maintaining a midwifery license requires continuing education and passing of exams.
We’re looking for a Midwife to work in our hospital. We have a great team of doctors and nurses, and we’re looking for a Midwife to join us.
- Utilize midwifery skills, knowledge, and techniques to deliver individualized care to clients
- Provide client-centered maternity care to a variety of clientele in a holistic and integrative manner
- Assist in the promotion of physical and emotional well-being in connection with childbirth
- Promote birth as a normal, positive experience
- Utilize appropriate technology and standard protocols of the profession
- Promote client participation in decisions regarding care
- Foster positive relationships through effective communication and collaboration with other members of the health care team
- Use research, evidence based practice, and a high level of education and competency in midwifery care
- Attend continuing education seminars to maintain a high level of professionalism and knowledge
- Manage deliveries and postpartum care for birthing mothers and their infants, including the administration of drugs, and processing of paperwork
- Prepare and deliver routine and emergency obstetrical care, and provide health education for women and their families
- Perform procedures including inductions, dilations, and extractions, and utilize up-to-date equipment and technology
- Manage labor and delivery room, including monitoring vital signs, maintaining records, and administering medications
- Provide physical, spiritual, emotional, social, and financial support to birthing mothers
- Participate in on-call rotation
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in midwifery or related health field
- 2+ years experience as a midwife
- Knowledge of basic health care protocols and procedures, and knowledge of birthing physiology
- Strong communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with multiple
We at Company Name believe that a diversity of voices makes us stronger. We are committed to building an inclusive team that welcomes applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.