NOC Engineer Job Description
noc engineer job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
NOC Engineer Job Description
NOC (network operations center) engineers are responsible for monitoring and managing information technology (IT) and telecommunications networks.
NOC engineers also monitor, manage, and troubleshoot networks or systems to prevent and detect problems.
This includes making modifications to networks, managing the use of equipment, and executing network testing.
NOC engineers also perform maintenance and upgrades for systems.
NOC engineers are employed by telecommunications companies, Internet service providers, Internet service providers, cloud service providers, and network equipment suppliers.
We’re looking for a NOC Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a NOC environment and will be responsible for monitoring and managing our network infrastructure.
NOC Engineer Duties:
- Identify, analyze, and resolve problems involving network connectivity, application performance, and security
- Analyze network, application, and infrastructure issues, diagnosing both hardware and software problems
- Work on diverse, complex, and constantly shifting technologies
- Ensure that network availability and performance is at an optimum level
- Maintain computer systems and provide support for users
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems
- Write scripts for automated processes
- Proactively seek out new ideas and methods to improve
- Work independently, as well as in a team environment
NOC Engineer Responsibilities:
- Provide telephone, network, and application support, conducting 1st and 2nd line support; troubleshoot and diagnose network, server, and application issues; make recommendations on system improvements; and provide support and training to customers
- Maintain patch and update management; manage change requests; and escalate issues and outages
- Coordinate with internal and external vendors for problem resolution
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment and network, including backup and recovery
- Monitor and manage user access
- Maintain and update configuration management database
- Provide remote support to customers
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Prefer experience with Cisco IOS, routing protocols, network management systems, and documentation management
- Can perform systems analysis, problem resolution, and network optimization
- Program in Perl, python, shell, and shell scripting
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science
- 2+ years experience in systems engineering or network management
- Prior experience maintaining and managing Cisco routers, switches, firewalls and access points
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational
[Company Name] is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recognize the value of diversity and inclusion in the workplace and are committed to building a team that reflects these values. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.