Nurse Manager Job Description
nurse manager job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Nurse Manager Job Description
A nurse manager is a nurse who holds a leadership role and directs nursing personnel in a healthcare setting.
Nurses in nursing management positions typically are responsible for providing direction, oversight, supervision, and training to nursing personnel.
In addition to the nurse manager’s direct responsibilities, the nurse manager is also responsible to the healthcare organization’s overall leadership.
We’re looking for a Nurse Manager to join our team! The Nurse Manager is responsible for the overall clinical operation of the nursing unit. This includes the supervision of nursing staff, development and implementation of nursing policies and procedures, and coordination of patient care activities. The Nurse Manager also provides direct patient care when needed.
Nurse Manager Duties:
- Provide direction and leadership for Nursing Services Department
- Maintain effective communication and cooperation between nursing services staff and physicians
- Provide orientation, training, and support for nursing staff
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with other healthcare providers
- Develop and maintain comprehensive knowledge of nursing and medical staffing
- Ensure all regulatory and hospital policies are met and are enforced
- Ensur that goals and objectives for the department are achieved
Nurse Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage a practice’s primary nurse, and plan, organize, implement, and evaluate nursing services
- Implement policies and procedures for staff, patients, and guests
- Develop strategies to attract patients, and plan, organize, and implement marketing programs
- Develop and maintain professional relationships
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with physicians, other health professionals
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with patients
- Develop positive working relationships with other healthcare support professionals
- Maintain good working relationship with all staff members
- Maintain confidentiality
- Ability to write nursing policies, procedures, and standards of care
- Understanding of Quality and Safety, smoking policies, sanitation and infection control
- Understanding of Federal and State regulations
- Able to work under stressful situations
- Able to manage difficult situations
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of nursing
- Knowledge of
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or related field
- At least 5 years experience in a nursing management role
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Proven ability to assess, document, and report on patient care
- Excellent knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy
Company Name is an employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, nationalities, genders, , , gender expressions, and ages.