Operations Manager Job Description
operations manager job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Operations Manager Job Description
An operations manager is the leader of a team that is responsible for designing, controlling, and redesigning business operations in the production of goods or services. They ensure that business operations use little resources and meet client needs.
Operations manager template includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role. It’s optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize this template for your company.
We are looking for an experienced Operations Manager to join our team and help us continue to grow our business. The Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of our operations, including production, warehousing, logistics, and customer service. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in operations management and be able to effectively communicate with all levels of our organization. If you are a motivated and detail-oriented individual with a passion for operational excellence, we want to hear from you!
Operations Manager Duties:
- Oversee and direct the planning, scheduling, and coordination of projects within assigned departments/divisions, including personnel, material, and financial resources
- Manage daily operations in the field, including supervising project staff and contractors, assuring that all quality control and safety standards are met, and handling emergency incidents
- Develop and maintain operational plans for each construction project
- Displays a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness
- Determine project goals by identifying and prioritizing goals
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, and training staff
- Manage budgets, including costs, expected revenues, and profit
- Proactively identify, mitigate, and track recurring construction issues
- Negotiate contracts
- Oversee accounts payable and accounts receivable departments
- Maintain constant communication with management, staff, and vendors to ensure proper operations of the organization
Operations Manager Responsibilities:
- Create, implement, and maintain budgets, work plans, and project management plans, track labor, materials, and equipment costs, and report progress and performance results to management
- Manage inventory and on-site logistics by preparing orders for shipment and delivery, shipping and receiving, and staging and storing materials, equipment, and fixtures
- Manage customer complaints, contractual disputes, and quality control issues
- Keep customer records up to date, and complete billing and invoicing as required
- Maintain and update all financial records
- Maintain and enforce all company policies, procedures, standards, policies, and standards, and perform legal compliance activities
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, management, or related field
- 2+ years’ proven experience in an operations management position
- Strong budget development and oversight skills
- Excellent ability to delegate responsibilities while maintaining organizational control of branch operations and customer service
- Understanding of budgeting and general finance, including profit and loss, balance sheet, and cash-flow management
- Highly trained in conflict management and business
At [Company Name], we are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals.