Parent Coordinator Job Description
parent coordinator job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Parent Coordinator Job Description
A Parent Coordinator is a medical or mental health professional who uses their collaborative skills to work with parents, caregivers, or children, usually with developmental disabilities.
The parent coordinators also serve as a liaison between parents, children, school districts, and/or private organizations, such as therapists, doctors, or hospitals.
They maintain records of the parents and children’s progress, resources, and activities.
The parent coordinator often serves as a liaison between school districts, therapists, and other health providers.
They are considered an integral part of early intervention services.
We’re looking for a Parent Coordinator to join our team and help us build relationships with families. The Parent Coordinator will be responsible for communicating with families, organizing events, and providing resources and support. We’re looking for someone who is organized, communicative, and passionate about helping families succeed. If you are interested in joining our team and making a difference in the lives of families, please apply today.
Parent Coordinator Duties:
- Provide assistance to parents regarding their child’s education
- Meet with parents, teachers, and school staff to discuss questions and concerns
- Meet with parents to discuss concerns and help resolve issues
- Monitor student’s progress towards meeting objectives and standards
- Provide timely feedback to teachers regarding student’s progress and needs
- Ensure that parent’s concerns are addressed, and that students are receiving the support they need
- Attend to paperwork, including attendance records, progress reports, and report cards
- Provide parents with progress reports and school handbooks
- Maintain communication with student’s families regarding school activities and events
- Provide assistance with admissions and other activities as needed
Parent Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Coordinate between school district and employee support center, including hiring, scheduling, and performance evaluations
- Coordinate between employee support center and other district departments, including transportation, food service and nutrition, special education, and student health
- Advise on benefit choices, and assist with onboarding
- Conduct quarterly and annual employee orientation
- Manage temporary and short-term substitute teachers and maintain substitute pool
- Prepare and distribute meeting agendas
- Coordinate and process employee leave requests
- Attend biweekly meetings, department meetings, quarterly department anniversaries, and company events
- Preparation of PowerPoint presentations and other communications for department and company events
- Conduct training where needed
- Maintain and update employee handbook and benefits guide
- Conduct annual employee satisfaction survey
- Serve as a member of the employee advisory committee
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in special education or related field
- 2+ years teaching experience
- Experience with special education and technology
- Knowledge of federal and state laws affecting special education
- Excellent communication skills
We at [Company Name] are dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive team. We strongly believe that people of all races, religions, national origins, genders and ages, as well as veterans and individuals, should have an equal opportunity to apply to our company.