Pediatrician Job Description
pediatrician job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Pediatrician Job Description
A pediatrician is a physician who specializes in the care of infants, children, and teenagers.
A pediatrician generally practices in a community clinic or hospital, where they see patients from birth through adolescence.
Pediatricians are trained to deal with all medical issues that children face, from birth through adolescence.
Pediatricians may deal with birthmarks, infections, broken bones, diabetes, epilepsy, and other childhood illnesses.
Typically, pediatricians have four to five years of additional training beyond the four years of medical education.
This additional training is termed pediatric residency, and there are two main categories of pediatric residency: pediatric urgent care and pediatrics.
We’re looking for Pediatrician to join our team and provide care for our young patients.
- Undertake employment responsibilities, including administrative and supervisory duties, that are essential to achieving success in the position
- Construct a work environment and personnel policies that foster empowerment, quality, and service excellence
- Review physician, staff, and physician referral networks
- Support the physician’s medical philosophy
- Conduct comprehensive evaluations and diagnostic assessments, and develop treatment plans for a variety of medical situations
- Familiarize yourself with a variety of clinical pathologies and treatments
- Communicate effectively with physician, staff, and patients
- Educate patients and family members about medical conditions
- Perform procedures and analyze results, and prepare reports
- Assist other medical personnel as needed
- Work with outside agencies in ensuring patient care
- Research and evaluate technological and medical advances
- Complete other duties as required
- Bachelors degree in medicine
- 2 years of pediatric or family medicine experience in one of Texas’ largest hospitals, clinic, or community clinic
- 2 years of hospitalist experience
- 2 years of managed care or employee health experience
- 2 years of experience working in ambulatory care
- Should have
Requirements And Skills:
- Manage, supervise, and evaluate staff on a daily basis to ensure adherence to organizational policies and procedures, service quality standards, and quality assurance standards
- Create and implement new policies, procedures, and standards as needed
- Oversee credentialing of staff, and provide regular training and continuing education
- Maintain valid and up-to-date license, certification, and legal status
- Provide clinical oversight to assist with diagnosis and treatment of healthcare conditions, including immunizations, and developmental screenings and assessments
- Maintain accurate medical records, including documentation and treatment notes
- Keep abreast of current medical literature and research
- Practice within scope of licensure, ethical and legal codes, and state and federal laws
- Protect patient confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA
- Provide on-call coverage during non-business hours
At Company Name, we strongly believe in equal opportunity for all. We’re committed to building a team that is diverse and inclusive, and we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We’re especially interested in hearing from people of different races, religions, national origins, genders, , , gender expressions, and ages. Veterans and individuals with disabilities are also encouraged to apply.