Petroleum Engineer Job Description
petroleum engineer job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Petroleum Engineer Job Description
Petroleum engineers are responsible for helping companies explore and develop for oil and gas reserves.
A petroleum engineer designs, constructs, and operates facilities for extracting and transporting petroleum and natural gas.
A petroleum engineer also plans, constructs, and operates facilities for refining petroleum products.
As a petroleum engineer, you may work directly for oil and gas companies or engineering firms.
We’re looking for a Petroleum Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in engineering, with a focus on petroleum engineering. They will be responsible for helping us develop and implement new technologies to extract oil and gas from reserves, as well as working on feasibility studies for new projects. If you have the skills and experience we’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you.
Petroleum Engineer Duties:
- Provide engineering evaluation, recommendation, and advice to management
- Analyze and evaluate petroleum and mineral resources, including onshore and offshore production, and petroleum processes
- Conduct subsurface explorations to determine oil and gas deposits, capacity and production
- Develop detailed plans, specifications, and cost estimates
- Propose oil field development plans, including wells, pipelines, and processing plants
- Develop detailed systems designs, plans, and estimates
- Develop management goals and schedules
- Propose methods for operating and maintaining the facilities
- Supervise personnel
- Manage the budget
Petroleum Engineer Responsibilities:
- Perform oil and natural gas exploration, development, and production activities, and supervise all aspects of the drilling, completion, and production operations
- Review regional geologic maps, as well as data acquired by geophysical methods, to determine the size and location of oil and gas reservoirs, and estimate the quantities and characteristics of hydrocarbons in the reservoir
- Perform reservoir simulations for field development to determine the optimum drilling and completion program to maximize oil and gas recovery
- Create maps, diagrams, and reports for field operations, data analysis, and reservoir modeling
- Develop and maintain well log data logs, maps, and charts, and monitor drilling and completion operations to prevent potential hazard
- Understand and interpret engineering standards and safety regulations
- Supervise field operations, including conducting safety meetings and inspections, developing and implementing work processes, planning work schedules, and communicating project status
- Develop, implement, and maintain environmental management systems
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in petroleum engineering
- 2+ years’ proven experience in a petroleum engineering position
- Strong leadership qualities
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to mentor and develop employees
- Strong working knowledge of petroleum engineering principles
- Ability to research and evaluate different petroleum products
[Company Name] is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals.