Pharmacy Manager Job Description
pharmacy manager job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Pharmacy Manager Job Description
A pharmacy manager is responsible for managing a private or corporate pharmacy.
The duties of a pharmacy manager may include managing employees, performing administrative duties, supervising inventory and ordering supplies, and reviewing patient care.
The pharmacy manager may be responsible for overseeing the work of pharmacists, technicians, and cashiers, developing and maintaining relationships with patients, and supervising inventory and staff.
A pharmacy manager must also ensure that the pharmacy is following all administrative policies, procedures, and guidelines.
The pharmacy manager is also responsible for keeping accurate records, such as inventory and billing.
We’re looking for a manager for our pharmacy who is passionate about providing excellent customer service and is able to work well under pressure.
Pharmacy Manager Duties:
- Manage pharmacy operations, ensuring optimal fiscal control, maintaining inventory, and staffing
- Track and record pharmacy expenses
- Meet with pharmacy technicians and pharmacy aide staff to evaluate performance, establish training programs, and identify areas of improvement
- Evaluate pharmacy floor plan layout, ordering supplies and equipment, and monitoring inventory
- Perform pharmacy functions, such as verifying prescriptions, filling prescriptions, and preparing and dispensing medications
- Manage pharmacy staff
Pharmacy Manager Responsibilities:
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date information about patient treatment plans, procedures, formulas, and medications
- Assist in staffing and scheduling pharmacy activities, including staffing levels, overtime and on-call schedules, and rotation assignments
- Develop and oversee pharmacy policies and procedures
- Develop and implement pharmacy inventory and purchasing policies
- Assist in planning, monitoring, and evaluating pharmacy operations
- Maintain base pharmacy budget
- Oversee pharmacy budget variances
- Keep inventory and supply levels up-to-date
- Maintain drug information database, including drug inventory, expiration dates, and product usage information
- Maintain drug inventory
- Conducts continuing education on pharmacy dispensing, drug information, and pharmacy administration
- Ensure accurate completion of medication reviews
- Ensure that patient medications and records are reviewed prior to dispensing
- Develop and implement pharmacy
Requirements And Skills:
- Current state pharmacy license required
- 5+ years of proven experience in a pharmacy management role, including training, hiring, and development of staff
- Solid understanding of pharmacy operations, including knowledge of medications, pharmacy benefit management, and pharmacy systems
- Significant knowledge of managed care and
At Company Name, we believe that diversity and inclusion are key to success. We are committed to building a team that is representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.