Pre-K Teacher Job Description
pre-k teacher job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Pre-K Teacher Job Description
A Pre-K teacher is a teacher who provides instruction for preschool aged children.
Pre-K teachers are educators and educators are individuals who hold a bachelor’s degree or higher in an area of study and have earned certificates or licenses to teach.
Pre-K teachers are responsible for teaching students basic social and language skills as well as arts, science, and math concepts.
Pre-K teachers also foster the development of appropriate social behaviors and social skills in students.
These early elementary teachers also ensure that students follow classroom rules and procedures, including learning behaviors that are conducive to learning.
Pre-K teachers also foster independence in children by preparing them for kindergarten and helping them.
We’re looking for a Pre-K Teacher to lead and inspire our young students. The Pre-K Teacher will create a positive and nurturing learning environment where students can thrive. The Pre-K Teacher will be responsible for planning and delivering engaging and developmentally appropriate lessons. If you are a passionate educator with a commitment to excellence, we want you on our team!
Pre-K Teacher Duties:
- Investigate and develop appropriate curriculum and instructional materials, preparing and teaching lessons
- Design and conduct classroom activities
- Maintain accurate and complete records, reports, and logs
- Maintain a safe and orderly classroom environment
- Monitor student performance
- Attend professional development workshops and in-service training
- Participate in parent conferences
- Promote a positive image of the school by communicating effectively with parents, students, and staff
- Work with parents to resolve conflicts
- Monitor and manage students’ behavior
Pre-K Teacher Responsibilities:
- Undertake daily duties such as leading group activities, supporting students with special needs, maintaining student records, and performing clerical work
- Work with students on pre-reading and math skills to prepare them for a successful kindergarten experience
- Develop lesson plans and objectives tailored to each student’s learning style and ability level
- Communicate and work with parents about student progress
- Maintain a clean and organized classroom
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education and 2+ years early childhood education experience
- Knowledge of early childhood education theories, methods, and best practices
- Passion for teaching and working with children
- Ability to plan and implement curriculums
- Proven ability to build and maintain positive relationships with children and parents
[Company Name] is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We accept applications from all people of different races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages.