Publicist Job Description
publicist job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Publicist Job Description
A publicist is an individual or company that markets products, events, or issues on behalf of a business or client.
A publicist’s job is to gain publicity for a client or to increase sales, product, or ticket sales.
Publicists work to gain positive exposure for a business or product.
Publicity may be gained through a variety of media, including newspapers, radio, and television.
Publicists may plan events and press tours for clients in order to generate news coverage or promote a product.
A publicist may also write press releases and press kits for clients.
A press release is a written statement of news intended for dissemination to the media.
We’re looking for a Publicist to join our team. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced environment and be able to think on their feet. If you are a go-getter with a can-do attitude, then we want to hear from you!
- Research, assess, and report on industry trends, trends that affect marketing, competitive analyses, and information regarding events, developments, activities, and competitors
- Develop and administer media relations plans
- Promote a positive image of the company by improving communication with current clients and prospective customers
- Generate sales by maintaining relationships with prospective customers and by ensuring that current clients have a satisfactory investment experience
- Implement marketing programs by creating and implementing sales and promotional plans
- Implement quantitative research and measurements to identify market trends and customer trends
- Monitor, track, and report performance
- Communicate directly with media and journalists, composing press releases, media kits, and media advisories, and negotiating favorable coverage of clients and products
- Generate and maintain positive media coverage for projects
- Plan and implement promotional campaigns to increase sales, drive traffic, and build brand awareness
- Manage publicity budgets
- Create marketing collateral, including brochures, newsletters, and other printed materials
- Develop and maintain relationships with local, state, and federal government officials
- Meet with clients and stakeholders to determine their needs, and then create content and media plans that meet those needs
- Establish and maintain a network of media contacts
- Develop relationships with influencers and community leaders
- Prepare and conduct media interviews and press conferences
- Create and develop advertising materials such as brochures and posters
- Manage social media accounts
- Develop and manage client databases
- Research and produce online content
- Develop and implement a social media campaign
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or public relations
- 2+ years experience in public relations or a related field
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills; ability to develop media plans to reach target audiences
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Great attention to detail
At Company Name, we believe that a diverse and inclusive team is a key to success. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.