QA Tester Job Description
qa tester job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
QA Tester Job Description
The QA tester is an individual responsible for testing software.
QA testers typically write programs to test out things like code, usability, functionality, and user-friendliness.
Software QA testers may focus on a specific audience such as users with disabilities, elderly users, or small children.
They may also test the software on multiple devices, such as mobile phones and tablets.
They often include software engineers in their efforts, as well as users.
We’re looking for a QA Tester to join our team and help us ensure the quality of our products. As a QA Tester, you will be responsible for testing new features and functionality, and providing feedback to our development team. If you are a detail-oriented problem solver with a passion for quality assurance, we want to hear from you!
QA Tester Duties:
- Develop and document test plans and procedures
- Perform user acceptance testing, functional testing, regression testing, and UAT
- Assist in debugging any installation problems or software bugs
- Develop test scripts and test cases for the system
- Perform analysis of defects during regression testing
- Develop test documentation
- Provide end-user training
- Provide support after implementation
- Requirements: -Bachelor’s degree
QA Tester Responsibilities:
- Review, analyze, test, and document features, functions, and performance of software applications
- Perform unit, integration, regression, acceptance, performance, and user acceptance testing
- Perform root cause analysis of defects and failures
- Work with developers to retest or work-around defects
- Assist in the setup, configuration, testing, and deployment of new software applications
- Document test results, defects, and source code
- Provide clear, concise and thorough documentation in bug-tracking system
- Incorporate new functionality into test plans
- Conduct training of new testers
Requirements And Skills:
- Proven experience in software quality assurance
- Strong attention to detail
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and solve problems in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn quickly
- Proven experience in managing internal/external QA processes
- Ability to travel to client sites
“[Company Name] is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to building a strong team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.”