Quality Technician Job Description
quality technician job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Quality Technician Job Description
A quality technician ensures that all of the parts, materials, and services that a company produces are of a consistently high standard.
They ensure that a product meets all of the customer requirements and standards.
A quality technician should be able to test parts, materials, and services and be familiar with applicable government regulations.
In the case of a medical device, the quality technician should be able to conduct product testing, such as mechanical tests, chemical tests, biocompatibility tests, and user tests.
A quality technician should also be able to review and evaluate test reports, change requests, and inspection reports.
They should also be able to review and evaluate problem reports and quality complaints.
We’re looking for a Quality Technician who is detail-oriented and has experience inspecting products for defects. The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of quality control procedures and will be able to work independently to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner. If you are a motivated individual with a commitment to quality, we want to hear from you!
Quality Technician Duties:
- Manage, direct, and coordinate the various quality aspects of an organization
- Maintain a variety of records related to quality control, including reporting
- Maintain organization’s quality records
- Work closely with the management team to implement and uphold effective quality control practices
- Perform a variety of quality control tasks
- Ensure that effective quality management protocols are implemented and maintained
- Train and develop employees
- Assist management with special projects
- Documents quality issues
- Identifies and resolves escalated issues
- Performs other related duties as required
Quality Technician Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain quality systems, including quality standards, procedures, systems, and documentation
- Perform internal and external audits to verify quality standards, including the use of tools, equipment, and processes
- Monitor and document that all production activities meet the quality standards
- Develop, implement, and maintain tools to measure performance with a goal to improve quality and productivity
- Maintain awareness of current industry trends and technologies
- Work closely with CSQA (Customer Satisfaction, Quality, and Audit) team to ensure customer satisfaction
- Perform internal inspections of products, materials, and work
- Work with the Quality Department to ensure continuous compliance with all environmental, health, and safety (EHS) regulations and standards
- Ensure that quality concerns are promptly identified and resolved
- Work closely with Manufacturing and Engineering departments on process improvements, new products, and overall product quality
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field
- 4+ years experience in a quality assurance role
- Knowledge of construction methods and technologies
- Ability to test various materials and structures for conformance to specifications and standards
- Knowledge of building code requirements and scheduling methods
[Company Name] is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that building a diverse and inclusive team is essential to our success. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.