Restaurant Manager Job Description
restaurant manager job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Restaurant Manager Job Description
The Restaurant Manager, also known as Restaurant General Manager, is the overarching leader at a restaurant. They evaluate the daily operations of the restaurant, create and update the company’s standards of service, supervise and train line personnel, plan and implement the business strategy, and provide direction to support staff.
Restaurant manager job description template includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role. It’s optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize this template for your company.
We’re looking for a Restaurant Manager to work in our busy establishment. The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role and be able to take charge of the restaurant in the absence of the owner. They will be responsible for ordering supplies, scheduling staff, and ensuring that customers are satisfied with their experience. The right candidate will be a strong leader who is able to work in a fast-paced environment and take on any challenge that comes their way. If you think you have what it takes to be our Restaurant Manager, we want to hear from you!
Restaurant Manager Duties:
- Maintain and improve restaurant operations
- Manage staff to meet company standards
- Oversee and evaluate the financial health of restaurant operations
- Ensure all company policies are adhered to
- Ensure all work is completed in a timely manner
- Maintain food quality and table service
- Maintain compliance with sanitation and safety standards
- Work closely with staff to develop and maintain a positive workplace culture
- Perform any and all other duties as assigned
Restaurant Manager Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of restaurant operations including work scheduling, training, hiring, and supervising employees, ensuring compliance with corporate policies and health and safety standards, and ensuring customer satisfaction
- Maintain registers and inventory, perform ordering, order deliveries, plan work schedules, hire and train employees, and oversee all inventory control, safety, sanitation, and housekeeping procedures
- Ensure compliance with health, safety and sanitation standards and laws
- Maintain records of food quality, inventory, and sanitation
- Supervise daily operations, including, but not limited to, food preparation, customer service, and restaurant appearance
- Monitor employee for proper product handling and ensure compliance with all health, safety, and sanitation standards
- Create an acceptable customer experience by managing the dining experience
- Maintain staff and schedule for all shifts
- Promote a positive work environment by recognizing and rewarding good performance
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in hospitality management, business administration, or business economics
- 5+ years’ proven experience in a managerial role
- Proven ability to develop and maintain financial plans
- Strong knowledge of operational procedures
[Company Name] is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion, and are committed to building a team that reflects our community. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, nationalities, genders, gender expressions, and ages.