Restaurant Supervisor Job Description
restaurant supervisor job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Restaurant Supervisor Job Description
A restaurant supervisor is a manager whose duties include supervising all of the front of house staff, overseeing the kitchen staff, and making sure that the restaurant stays running smoothly.
A restaurant supervisor handles the hiring and firing of front of the house employees including their schedules and other duties.
The supervisor schedules the employees so that they all work evenly throughout the day.
The supervisor also oversees all employees making sure that they are on task and doing their jobs to the best of their ability.
The supervisor can also be in charge of purchasing supplies for the restaurant and making sure the inventory is stocked appropriately.
They may also be tasked with ordering food and drinks for the restaurant.
We’re looking for a Restaurant Supervisor to join our team. The Restaurant Supervisor will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the restaurant, including supervising staff, overseeing guest service, and ensuring that the restaurant runs smoothly. The ideal candidate for this position will have experience in a supervisory role, excellent customer service skills, and a commitment to ensuring that the restaurant is a positive and welcoming environment for all.
Restaurant Supervisor Duties:
- Operate and maintain all equipment, fixtures, and furnishings in the establishment in accordance with federal, state, and local health, safety, and sanitation regulations
- Maintain a safe and clean environment by enforcing health, safety, and sanitation policies
- Manage all restaurant operations including food preparation, service, and clean-up
- Manage payroll, human resources, and inventory
- Maintain positive relationships with employees, customers, and vendors
- Monitor and inspect facilities, equipment, and galley for health and safety hazards
- Maintain records of food, beverage, and liquor inventory
- Keep records of all inspections and certifications, including inspection reports and copies of certificates
Restaurant Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Supervise and manage the restaurant, including hiring, training, scheduling, and evaluating performance
- Develop and implement work schedules to meet financial and sales goals
- Promote a positive environment by enforcing safety and security standards
- Implement and uphold quality food safety standards, including developing and adhering to recipes for specific dishes, and ensuring all food is fresh, properly prepared, and served according to recipe specifications
- Promote and manage effective financial operations, including maximizing profit margins on food products and beverages
- Obtain competitive bids on equipment and supplies, including negotiating prices, terms, and conditions
- Preparing, stocking, and displaying food in a professional and organized manner
- Monitoring the presentation of food, including presentation and plating
- Receive, inspect, and record deliveries, shipments, and inventory
- Assist with the preparation of menus and kitchen reports, including inventory
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, or related field
- 2+ years’ proven supervisory experience
- Ability to effectively manage staff, coach and develop employees
- Strong communication skills with the ability to deal tactfully with employees and customers
- Strong working knowledge of restaurant operations, menu planning
[Company Name] is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We understand that a diverse and inclusive team is key to success and we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of races, religions, nationalities, genders, and ages. We also welcome veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.