Retail Buyer Job Description
retail buyer job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Retail Buyer Job Description
A retail buyer is a person employed by a company that purchases goods or merchandise from wholesalers, manufacturers, or distributors for resale to consumers.
A retail buyer’s role in an organization may be broad or narrow, depending on the job.
For example, a retail buyer for a large department store is responsible for purchasing all of the products the store offers.
A retail buyer for a small store, on the other hand, focuses on purchasing items the store specializes in.
Retail buyers typically work in retail stores, such as department stores, discount stores, and department stores.
They may also be employed in specialty stores, such as clothing stores, shoe stores, and
We’re looking for Retail Buyer to manage inventory, order merchandise, and negotiate contracts with vendors. The Retail Buyer will be responsible for ensuring that the store has the necessary supplies and inventory to meet customer demand. The Retail Buyer will also be responsible for negotiating contracts with vendors and suppliers, and managing the store’s budget.
Retail Buyer Duties:
- Develop product assortment and planning for retail stores.
- Seek out opportunities for expansion and growth by developing new business relationships
- Provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas
Retail Buyer Responsibilities:
- Analyze market trends and competitive landscape, identify and evaluate potential vendors, and negotiate contracts
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors, negotiating and securing favorable contract terms
- Create and maintain product display and presentation standards
- Develop and update in-store and online product displays and inventory, ensuring 100% availability of product
- Research and suggest product mixs that meet customer preferences and sales volume
- Monitor inventory levels to ensure product availability and maximize profitability
- Maintain department budget
- Promote marketing and sales campaigns to increase brand awareness
- Maintain department supplies, equipment, and facilities
- Develop and implement loss-mitigation strategies
- Oversee retail returns
- Support and encourage retail sales associates
- Assist in employee training
- Maintain accurate records of all transactions and activities
- Oversee inventory accuracy
- Maintain product knowledge and brand
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program or 5+ years’ retail buying experience
- Proven experience in vendor development, planning, and analysis
- Ability to optimize sales performance through effective vendor management
- Knowledge of industry best practices in product sourcing, category management
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.