Rigger Job Description
rigger job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Rigger Job Description
Riggers are the people who set up, maintain, and repair rigging systems, or rigging.
They are the people who build the “rigging.
” The rigging is a series of cables and pulleys that control the movement of a ship, and is mostly composed of steel cables and pulleys.
Riggers need to be skilled craftsmen.
Rigging systems depend on the strength of the steel cables and pulleys to run properly.
The rigging needs to be set up properly from the start, and needs to be maintained properly throughout the life of the rigging.
We’re looking for a Rigger to help us with our construction project.
Rigger is a skilled worker who is responsible for the erection, support, and maintenance of scaffolding and other temporary structures used in construction and repair work.
We’re looking for a Rigger to help us with our construction project. Rigger is a skilled worker who is responsible for the erection, support, and maintenance of scaffolding and other temporary structures used in construction and repair work. The Rigger will be responsible for ensuring that the scaffolding is properly erected and secured, and that it meets all safety requirements. The Rigger will also be responsible for disassembling the scaffolding and other structures when the project is completed.
- Provide setup and takedown services for both ship and marine construction
- Manage and repair rigging systems
- Perform rigging inspections
- Perform rigging and maintenance surveys
- Maintain and work in a safe manner
- Identify rigging needs; select proper rigging equipment; route loads to proper rigging points; ensure loads are positioned to load securement points by type and rating; attach securement points; and control movement of loads
- Remove load from rigging equipment and fully support it to prevent damage; mark load location; and account for all rigging equipment
- Conduct pre- and post-trip inspections of rigging equipment to ensure safe working conditions and to prevent damage to equipment
- Obtain load weight, dimensions, and dimensions at rigging points from blueprints, technical drawings, job estimates, specifications, and load lists
- Maintain accurate records of rigging equipment, including material, configuration, calibration, maintenance, and repairs
- Follow rigging and load procedures to ensure all loads are properly secured and positioned
- Maintain good relations with contractors, engineers, and other construction
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in rigging or engineering degree
- 3+ years’ proven experience overseeing rigging operations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of rigging standards and regulations
- Knowledge of building code requirements and scheduling
At [Company Name], we are an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals.