Risk Manager Job Description
risk manager job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Risk Manager Job Description
Risk management is a discipline of management and policy that focuses on directing an organization’s activities in such a way as to reduce exposure to risk, including, but not limited to, financial risk, operational risk, legal risk, and strategic risk.
Risk management is the process of identifying and quantifying risks; evaluating potential opportunities, including risk opportunities; deciding how to respond to those opportunities and risks; and monitoring for progress.
Some risk management activities focus on opportunities, while others focus on threats.
Risk managers are often responsible to expose areas of risk to the organization, analyze risks, improve risk acceptance, and supervise risk mitigation activities.
The purpose of risk management is
We’re looking for a Risk Manager who can help us identify and assess risks, and develop strategies to minimize their impact on our business. The ideal candidate will have experience in the financial services industry, and a strong understanding of risk management principles.
Risk Manager Duties:
- Direct and administer the Risk Management Program
- Develop operational procedures to manage and control insurance related risks
- Proactively monitor and control identified risks
- Develop risk control strategies and recommend improvements to senior management
- Research, evaluate and decide on risks, claims, insurance, and budgets
- Promote risk management in financial, operational, and administrative areas
- Compare insurance policies and rates, negotiate terms and premiums, and recommend coverage
- Maintain files on insurance policies, claims, and budgets
- Perform a variety of highly complex tasks and procedures requiring exceptional judgment and considerable analytical capabilities
- Maintain knowledge of insurance industry, insurance regulations, and trends
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of risk management, underwriting, and claims procedures
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations
- Knowledge of typical hazards in the workplace
Risk Manager Responsibilities:
- Certification in Risk Management or Insurance
- 3+ years of sales, claims, underwriting, or risk control experience
- Knowledge of insurance regulations and rules
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with associates, customers, and vendors
- Ability to work independently and without
Requirements And Skills:
- Monitor and evaluate internal and external risks, and propose and implement control measures, such as administrative, technical, physical, or procedural methods
- Review contractual clauses and insurance requirements, recommend appropriate insurance policies, and respond to inquiries
- Develop, implement, and maintain risk mitigation procedures
- Conduct risk analyses and risk assessments
- Propose risk control strategies, identify vulnerabilities, and mitigate risks
- Maintain and update the risk register
- Monitor compliance with internal policies, procedures, and standards
- Collaborate with IT to monitor compliance of internal controls
- Perform internal audits of operations
- Report on risk-related events to appropriate personnel
Company Name is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We firmly believe that a diverse and inclusive team is the key to success. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals.