Sales Director Job Description
sales director job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Sales Director Job Description
A sales director is the chief executive officer of a department or division of a company responsible for supervising all activities within that division or department, including sales.
The sales director reports to a sales manager, who is ultimately responsible for the profitability of all sales within a division or department.
The sales manager handles the selling aspects of the sales director’s responsibilities, while the sales director handles the managerial aspects.
In some organizations, the sales director also controls the administrative aspects of the department or division, including the hiring and firing of salespeople, setting quotas, and conducting performance evaluations.
The sales director’s
We’re looking for a Sales Director to lead our sales team and take our company to the next level. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in sales and be able to motivate and lead a team of sales professionals. If you have the necessary skills and experience, we want to hear from you!
Sales Director Duties:
- Drive revenue by negotiating and closing new business opportunities
- Engage with new and existing clients to support sales goals and build successful long-term relationships
- Enhance brand awareness through business development strategies
- Promote, implement, and monitor consistent and effective sales strategies
- Provide training and technical support to sales team
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients and key partners
- Develop and maintain marketing program initiatives, as well as manage collateral and promotional materials
- Develop, implement, and evaluate sales performance indicators
Sales Director Responsibilities:
- Oversee company sales and ensure adherence to revenue growth and profit goals
- Conduct sales calls and sell company services
- Develop marketing strategies and projects and negotiates contracts
- Create sales and marketing plans, advising management on the development of new marketing or promotional programs
- Design and oversee the implementation of new products and services, manage product and service development
- Develop staff, train, and motivate staff
- Previous experience in the construction industry is essential
Requirements And Skills:
- Proven ability to lead and motivate sales teams
- Excellent communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- Strong knowledge of the construction industry
- Well-developed business negotiation and closing skills
- Working knowledge of computers and software, including QuickBooks
- Strong problem solving skills
At Company Name, we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team and we encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, , , gender expressions, and ages. We’re also proud to support veterans and individuals with disabilities.