SAP Developer Job Description
sap developer job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
SAP Developer Job Description
A SAP developer is a professional who creates and maintains applications that support the back-end of SAP systems.
SAP refers to an Enterprise Resource Planning system, or ERP.
A SAP developer designs, builds, tests, and maintains applications, which act as a back-end of SAP systems.
Devices that work with SAP include computers, smartphones, tablets, and scanners.
SAP developers may specialize in certain application areas within the SAP technology stack.
SAP developers may be assigned to specific SAP system teams, or they may be independent consultants who create applications to meet the specific needs of their customers.
We’re looking for a SAP Developer who can help us improve our current system. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in SAP development and be able to work with our team to create a more efficient system. If you have the skills and experience we’re looking for, please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch.
SAP Developer Duties:
- Research, develop, implement, and maintain SAP systems.
- Perform daily maintenance on the SAP systems.
- Ensure that SAP systems are used in a way that meets corporate objectives and business goals.
- Maintain SAP systems by adhering to company policies and procedures.
- Perform SAP upgrades as needed.
- Maintain data integrity in SAP system.
- Create and maintain build processes for SAP systems.
- Create and maintain testing processes.
- Conduct code reviews.
- Maintain SAP environment by adhering to security standards and information policies.
- Develop and maintain site specific SAP application.
- Research and write unit test code.
- Create, maintain, and control SAP system test data.
- Maintain, update, and develop new SAP application modules.
SAP Developer Responsibilities:
- Maintain and improve SAP development tools, including applying technical updates in SAP, managing development processes, documenting and testing new processes, and troubleshooting problems.
- Perform custom development activities, including application design, coding, testing, documentation, and unit testing.
- Transform business requirements into technical design documents, perform high-level system design, analysis, and programming tasks, and review and approve design and programming deliverables.
- Provide product support to end users, assist with problem determination and resolution, and offer training.
- Develop performance monitoring processes and use data to identify and communicate areas of weakness.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience developing applications.
- Experience in the development and implementation of SAP solutions.
- Experience in customizing SAP landscapes.
- Experience in SAP BW, SAP HANA, and SAP Business Objects.
[Company Name] is passionate about creating a diverse and inclusive team. We believe that people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals, have something valuable to contribute. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals.