Secretary Job Description
secretary job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Secretary Job Description
A secretary is a person or an organization employed to serve at the pleasure of another. Secretaries assist a company president, governor, or king by organizing files, preparing documents, and scheduling appointments.
Secretary job description template includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role. It’s optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize this template for your company.
We’re looking for a Secretary to join our team who is organized and detail-oriented. The ideal candidate for this role will have excellent communication skills and be able to work independently.
- Maintain company’s documents by keeping archives, organizing files, and updating database
- Provide relevant administrative support to managers, supervisors, and employees
- Maintain mailing lists and contact database
- Prepare and send invoices and reports
- Proofread and format documents for presentation
- Assist in receiving and sorting letters, orders, and packages
- Keep records of all company meetings and files, including contracts and leases
- Follow company’s safety and environmental regulations in all aspects of work
- Maintain professional appearance and demeanor at all times
- Follow office procedures and comply with company policies
- Assist office staff during busy periods
- Supervise general office duties, including answering and forwarding calls, assisting with scheduling, and other clerical tasks
- Assist staff with preparing and filing documents
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years relevant experience in administrative and clerical support
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to effectively communicate in both written and spoken English
Requirements And Skills:
- Support management by handling day-to-day administrative tasks, such as scheduling meetings, preparing reports, preparing correspondence, maintaining files, designing and maintaining databases, and handling phone and document transmissions
- Prepare expense reports for reimbursement; file expense reports, receipts, and invoices in chronological sequence
- Assist management with tasks involving corporate communications, including research, writing, and proofreading
- Perform additional administrative duties as required
[Company Name] is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to building a strong team. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.