Senior Accountant Job Description
senior accountant job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Senior Accountant Job Description
A senior accountant works with the managers of the company to make sure that all of the financial records are accurate.
A senior accountant may also prepare financial statements and tax returns for the company.
A career as a senior accountant could be challenging and fast-paced.
Senior accountants are tasked with managing and coordinating all of the financial activities of a business or organization, including taxes, payroll, accounting, and budget.
Senior accountants must ensure that their financial information is accurate and timely.
They must ensure all financial data is reconciled, and must regularly produce reports for senior management.
We’re looking for a Senior Accountant who possesses excellent problem solving skills, is detail oriented, and can work independently. The ideal candidate will be able to take on complex accounting projects and manage a high volume of work. If you are a self-starter and have a passion for accounting, we want to hear from you!
Senior Accountant Duties:
- Maintain financial records of all company activities
- Prepare financial statements, analysis, and projections
- Assist in researching and recommending financial policies and procedures for company and subsidiaries
- Maintain accounting records at site locations
- Evaluate and recommend new accounting procedures
- Providing accounting assistance to various departments inside and outside the company
- Assist in the review of proposed budgets and financial statements
- Assist in financial reporting, analysis, and budgeting
- Assist in financial planning and analysis
- Assist in the evaluation and implementation of accounting systems
- Consult on accounting techniques, financial policies, and procedures
- Assist in tax research and compliance
- Communicate with management and staff on accounting issues
- Perform other accounting functions and related duties
Senior Accountant Responsibilities:
- Work as part of a team reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer
- Oversee accounting and financial reporting process including Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, including establishing and monitoring internal controls
- Coordination with internal and external auditors for financial statement reviews and management reporting
- Prepare monthly operating and balance sheet reconciliations, quarterly variance analysis, and supply interim financial reports to management
- Contribute to strategic planning, including forecasting and budgeting, and annual budget process
- Assist with development of financial statements and other accounting reports
- Assist with the preparation of financial reports for both internal and external customers
- Initiate and complete special projects
- Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited four year college or university
- 2+ years’ work experience in accounting
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Knowledge of QuickBooks and Excel
- Ability to analyze and interpret accounting data
- Degree in accounting preferred
At [Company Name], we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, , and ages. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.