Service Engineer Job Description
service engineer job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Service Engineer Job Description
The service engineer is the individual or people who service, maintain, and repair equipment.
Because a service engineer is responsible for the maintenance of equipment, he or she must pass a certification exam.
Some manufacturers of equipment will train service technicians while some prefer that individuals who are experienced with servicing specific equipment take the certification exam.
Service engineers are also responsible for providing technical support to engineers and for making sure equipment is performing at its best.
Service engineers also maintain and repair office equipment and telecommunications equipment.
We’re looking for a Service Engineer who is passionate about customer service and has a strong background in engineering. The ideal candidate will be able to troubleshoot and resolve customer issues in a timely and efficient manner. We’re looking for someone who is always looking for ways to improve the customer experience and is willing to go the extra mile to ensure that our customers are satisfied. If you have a strong engineering background and are passionate about providing excellent customer service, then we want to hear from you!
Service Engineer Duties:
- Maintain and expand the company’s customer base in the HVAC and plumbing industry
- Develop relationships with new and existing clients, building relationships based on integrity, trust, and respect
- Promote company’s services
- Meet with prospective clients to devise and execute marketing strategies
- Liaise with contractors and subcontractors to ensure seamless and effective work
- Work with customers to address their concerns, recommending solutions accordingly
- Provide guidance to customers’ staff regarding HVAC and plumbing products
- Liaise with customers’ staff regarding HVAC and plumbing products’ applications
- Provide support to sales department as needed
Service Engineer Responsibilities:
- Read and interpret blueprints, schematics, wiring diagrams, and other technical documents, as well as take direction from construction managers, engineers, and architects
- Design and specify equipment for installation of security, fire, and life safety systems, fire sprinkler systems, and automatic fire alarm systems
- Install, maintain, and upgrade these systems and related equipment, including inspection, testing, and repair
- Carryout testing and inspections, such as weekly, monthly, and quarterly, as required by company policies and procedures
- Adjust or replace existing systems, such as cameras, cameras, detectors, and monitors, as necessary
- Perform daily troubleshooting and repairs, and maintain inventory levels
- Assist with business development
- Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management or a related field
- 2+ years’ experience as a service technician in HVAC, electrical/lighting, plumbing, or mechanical systems
- Knowledge of maintenance and repair of furnaces, boilers, air conditioners, water softeners, pump
At [Company Name], we believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to success. We are committed to building a team that reflects our values of diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.