Service Writer Job Description
service writer job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Service Writer Job Description
The service writer is the person assigned to a particular job from beginning to end.
The service writer gathers and analyzes information about the customer’s requirements, prepares a scope of work, and documents the scope of work.
The service writer then supervises the work being done by technicians or subcontractors.
The service writer also plans work schedules and establishes priorities.
The service writer may be required to train new employees and assess their work.
The service writer maintains a file of all customer files including job history, estimates, and contracts.
The job may be completed with the customer’s approval or they may request changes to be made.
The service writer makes any necessary changes.
We’re looking for a qualified Service Writer to join our team. The right candidate will have excellent customer service skills and be able to work independently. If you have a passion for cars and are able to work well under pressure, we want to hear from you!
Service Writer Duties:
- Responsible for supporting customer sales goals by generating new leads and converting them to new sales opportunities
- Maintain communication with customers via telephone and in person to ensure customer satisfaction
- Provide guidance and feedback to others to strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas
- Work closely with sales department and other team members to enhance satisfaction, quality, and effectiveness of customers’ daily lives
- Handle issues that may arise in a positive, professional way
- Provide crisis intervention when necessary
Service Writer Responsibilities:
- Determine eligibility of applicants, processing applications, and determining loan risks
- Perform credit analyses and underwrite loans to ensure company guidelines are met, including verifying income and asset data, and assessing risk factors
- Consider applicant’s credit worthiness, participation in financial counseling, and repayment potential
- Arrange and request information, and meet applicants at locations
- Review and process loan applications, including data entry, processing, updating, and entering data
- Review credit reports and histories, and contact credit reporting agencies
- Develop and maintain relationships with financial institutions, appraisers, title companies, attorneys, and real estate brokers
- Maintain file documents
- Work with company’s Customer Relationship Management software
- Assist in preparing employment offers
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field
- 2+ years’ experience in customer service or financial analysis
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and goals
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm and effective under pressure
At “Company Name”, we believe that diversity and inclusion are key to success. We are committed to building a team that is reflective of the many different backgrounds and perspectives that make up our community. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.