Site Engineer Job Description
site engineer job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Site Engineer Job Description
A site engineer is a person who specializes in the construction, installation, and maintenance of sites.
A site engineer is responsible for designing and overseeing a construction project.
The site engineer may also oversee an entire construction site, ensuring all trades are working to a set of standards.
We’re looking for a Site Engineer to work on a variety of construction projects. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in civil engineering and be able to work independently and efficiently.
Site Engineer Duties:
- Lead site engineering activities from initial planning stages through contract completion
- Develop engineering plans for construction, renovation, and repairs
- Ensure compliance with government codes
- Prepare estimates, as well as on-site visit reports and project progress reports
- Review and analyze plans, specifications, and estimates submitted by contractors
- Manage the bidding process and oversee contractor selection
- Coordinate and manage project schedules and budgets
- Monitor site operations and determine the work progress
- Oversee engineering, procurement, and construction
- Track job progress, schedules, budgets, and staffing
- Assist in estimating feasibility and costs of various construction methods
- Provide technical assistance to architects, engineers, contractors, and others
- Assist in completing inspection
Site Engineer Responsibilities:
- Plan and manage civil site work, including grading, clearing, and drainage of sites, roads, and utilities
- Identify and mitigate potential hazards of the site
- Manage day-to-day construction activities at the construction site, including scheduling and supervision of subcontractors, and oversight of material deliveries
- Revise project plans when conditions change and work needs to be adjusted
- Maintain accurate records of all site-related documentation including spreadsheets, drawings, and photographs
- Perform cost analyses and assist in bidding and negotiation of contracts
- Track project progress by documenting time in weekly time-sheets
- Prepare monthly reports for cost analysis, including material quantities, labor hours, equipment inventories, and costs
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, construction management, or related field
- 5+ years experience in multiple levels of project management in commercial construction
- Knowledge of design, specifications, and building codes
- Strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to mentor, train, and lead team members
At [Company Name], we believe that diversity and inclusion are key to building a strong team. We are committed to maintaining a workforce that is reflective of the communities we serve. We encourage applications from all individuals, regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, or age.