Social Media Editor Job Description
social media editor job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Social Media Editor Job Description
A social media editor writes and edits content on social media networks such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and more.
A social media editor creates, develops, and edits all social media posts and content for a company’s social media outlets.
A good social media editor is able to write compelling copy that appeals to an audience, while also keeping company branding consistent.
The social media editor must be knowledgeable about social media platforms and should use that knowledge to create content that appeals to a wide audience.
This includes understanding what kind of content gets the most likes, shares, and comments, as well as how to convert viewers into customers.
We’re looking for an experienced Social Media Editor to join our team and help us grow our online presence. As our Social Media Editor, you will be responsible for creating and managing content across all of our social media channels. You should have a strong understanding of how social media works and how to use it to achieve business goals. If you’re a creative thinker with a passion for all things social media, we want to hear from you!
Social Media Editor Duties:
- Assist with development of content, including videos, photos, and copy
- Manage social media pages, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other social platforms
- Develop and execute marketing plans for social media platforms
- Monitor and analyze social media strategy, programs, and campaigns and make adjustments as necessary
- Create, edit, publish, and optimize digital content using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other social platforms
- Develop, maintain, and track Web analytics and other metrics for social media platforms
- Develop, implement, and modify brand voice and tone across social media platforms
- Develop, manage, and maintain budgets for social media programs
- Develop and revise best practices, policies, and procedures to meet social media objectives
- Participate in industry-related events, conferences, and seminars
- Develop and maintain relationships with key industry influencers and other companies
- Develop, implement, and maintain a brand voice that is consistent with company
Social Media Editor Responsibilities:
- Create engaging content that enhances brand reputation, attract visitors to our website, and engage our fan base
- Maintain and grow our social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, and Pinterest
- Produce additional content, as needed, to support our other marketing initiatives
- Monitor analytics and performance metrics to identify opportunities and provide regular reports to management
- Regularly post on our blog, participate in Reddit, share content on industry-related websites, and create original infographics
- Maintain and update our website
- Maintain and update internal wiki
- Write and proofread press releases, grant proposals, and other written materials
- Report on current and upcoming projects
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, or related field
- Experience managing social media outlets including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- Knowledge of search engine optimization and blogging best practices
- Ability to edit and publish content on social media platforms
- Expertise in social media marketing strategies
[Company Name] is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.