Sourcing Manager Job Description
sourcing manager job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Sourcing Manager Job Description
A sourcing manager is an individual who is responsible for locating and reviewing a variety of potential suppliers in order to recommend the best supplier for a particular business need.
A sourcing manager usually spends a great deal of time researching various potential suppliers.
He/she reads supplier reviews, conducts interviews, and evaluates supplier proposals.
The sourcing manager compiles his/her findings in a report which details the information he has collected.
The report is then presented to a company’s purchasing manager, who, after evaluating supplier proposals, decides which supplier to award a contract to.
We’re looking for a Sourcing Manager to lead our team in sourcing the best possible materials for our products. The Sourcing Manager will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with suppliers, negotiating contracts, and ensuring that our products are made with high-quality materials. If you have a background in supply chain management or procurement, we encourage you to apply for this position.
Sourcing Manager Duties:
- Develop geographic and demographic criteria to source, screen and qualify potential vendors and suppliers
- Make and execute decisions on contract and purchasing policies
- Implement and execute sourcing strategies, including investigating new sources of supply
- Ensure the procurement process adheres to all legal and regulatory standards
- Assist in development of sourcing strategies, including investigating new sources of supply
- Role-play vendor searches and negotiations
- Develop and manage relationships with existing and potential vendors, suppliers, and manufacturers
- Assist in supplier selection and negotiations
- Develop and manage vendor performance scorecards
- Maintain vendor database (including contact information, organizational history, and performance metrics)
- Play a key role in developing, maintaining, and improving the organizational purchasing policies and procedures
- Review and evaluate vendor proposals and contracts
- Be the liaison between the purchasing department and vendors, suppliers, and manufacturers
Sourcing Manager Responsibilities:
- Coordinate sourcing efforts throughout the company’s supply chain, including identifying and eliminating inefficiencies, developing a long-term sourcing strategy, and identifying new and emerging markets
- Identify new and emerging markets for sourcing
- Develop strong relationships with global suppliers, including negotiating prices and conditions, and resolving disputes
- Provide pre- and post-shipment support for all procurement activities: manage specifications, samples, quality, delivery, and payment, and monitor supply chain compliance with contract terms
- Ensure all suppliers and subcontractors comply with company policies, including ethical sourcing practices, safety, and corporate responsibility
- Negotiate contract terms, develop and oversee implementing strategies, and lead negotiations when required
- Lead negotiations when appropriate and seek partner participation
- Drive continuous improvement of supply chain logistics
- Support and lead continuous improvement efforts throughout supply chain
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
At Company Name, we embrace diversity and are committed to building an inclusive team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.