Sports Agent Job Description
sports agent job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Sports Agent Job Description
A sports agent (also known as a sports manager or sports agent) is an individual or a company hired by an athlete as an intermediary to businesses, unions, and other interested parties.
A sports agent negotiates contracts and assists the athlete in finding sponsors, managing appearances, and representing them in legal matters.
Sports agents typically represent athletes in professional leagues, including Major League Baseball, the National Football League, and the National Basketball League.
A sports agent’s responsibilities typically include negotiating contracts, arranging sponsorship deals, selling and promoting merchandise, and representing athletes in legal matters.
Sports agents typically earn a commission based on the success of their athlete
We’re looking for a Sports Agent to join our team and help us represent some of the best athletes in the world. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about sports and has a strong understanding of the business side of things. If you have a love for sports and want to help us represent some of the best athletes in the world, then we want to hear from you!
Sports Agent Duties:
- Oversees all client-facing activity
- Consult with clients on contracts, contracts terms, and other agreements
- Negotiate contracts
- Provide day-to-day guidance to clients regarding fitness, nutrition, goal-setting, and other personal fitness activities
- Assist clients in obtaining proper licenses and certifications
- Manage and organize client sports portfolio, building and maintaining relationships with other agents and vendors
- Assist in the creation and coordination of marketing materials
- Conduct yearly client evaluations
- Develop and implement marketing campaigns
- Research potential new client opportunities
- Calibrate and assist in the creation of client business plans
- Serve as liaison between coaches, athletes, and clients
- Successfully maintain positive client relations
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
Sports Agent Responsibilities:
- Research, identify, recruit, and negotiate client contracts
- Prepare contract documents, including offer letters, letters of intent, and player contracts
- Research, review, and draft player contracts
- Keep legal team updated regarding player contract status
- Train and coach new agents to grow the talent pool
- Assist in managing front office operations, including, but not limited to, business development, client development, business flow from office to the field, and player development
- Manage budgets, including expenses, salaries, and bonuses
- Oversee day-to-day activities including office operations, player development, and business development
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or sports management
- 5+ years’ proven experience in the industry
- Good knowledge of sports and sports markets
- Ability to negotiate contracts
- Excellent communication and legal skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work well with people across
At Company Name, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.