Steel Worker Job Description
steel worker job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Steel Worker Job Description
A steel worker is a person who works in the steel industry.
In general, the steel worker is a person who produces and constructs metal products.
The job of a steel worker may be classified as either industrial or construction.
Steel workers in the industrial sector typically work in facilities that manufacture steel.
Most of the worker’s time is spent in the manufacturing process; however, some workers may be required to work on construction sites.
These jobs often have dangerous work conditions as well as potential for exposure to toxic substances.
Those in the construction sector typically work as ironworkers, who construct steel structures in residential, commercial, and industrial applications.
We’re looking for a Steel Worker to help us with our current project. The ideal candidate will have experience working with steel and be able to start immediately. If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to us as soon as possible.
Steel Worker Duties:
- Ensure compliance with all safety, health, and environmental regulations
- Perform duties such as erecting, joining, cutting, bending, or rolling metal
- Follow safety guidelines and procedures when performing these duties
- Order and issue materials
- Review specifications, blueprints, and drawings to determine application
- Communicate with architects, engineers, and other specialists to clarify specifications
- Consult with supervisors regarding job-related problems, concerns, or questions
Steel Worker Responsibilities:
- Perform job duties that may include forming, fabricating, erecting, and erecting structural steel
- Place, align, and align steel sections and shapes to form reinforcing bar work
- Cut, cut, and straighten tubing
- Load, unload, and provide support for steel
- Identify and remove defective material
- Lift, position, and place steel sections and shapes
- Perform routine maintenance
- Provide backup to experienced employees
- Organize, maintain, and dispose of scrap
- Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements And Skills:
- More than two years’ experience as a steel worker
- Ability to operate all equipment used in construction
- Ability to climb, balance, and stoop
- Strong knowledge of construction terminology and systems
- Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
At [Company Name], we believe that diversity and inclusion are key to building a strong, successful team. We are committed to equal opportunity and encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.