Test Engineer Job Description
test engineer job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Test Engineer Job Description
A test engineer is an engineer who helps in the design of test equipment and test procedures, and who reviews and approves test procedures created by other engineers.
A test engineer reviews testing procedures and test equipment, and ensures that test equipment is calibrated and tested.
test engineers prepare test equipment, including test programs, test probes, and test instruments, and supervise and control testing procedures.
In addition, they collect and analyze data, prepare written reports, and present their findings and conclusions.
We’re looking for a Test Engineer to help us design and implement tests for our software products. The ideal candidate will have experience in designing and developing test plans, as well as experience in executing manual and automated tests.
Test Engineer Duties:
- Design, implement, and test computer software and hardware
- Develop, maintain, and document specifications for programs, components, and systems
- Develop test plans and test procedures
- Evaluate test results and recommend improvements
- Proactively research, develop, and implement new technologies and software development methodologies
- Advise on, pilot, and evaluate new technologies
- Provide guidance and training to others on computer-related issues
Test Engineer Responsibilities:
- Perform testing on a variety of electronic systems and components, write test plans and reports, and communicate with clients as needed
- Analyze performance, performance timing, and operation to determine current capabilities and requirements, and propose new solutions or improvements to increase efficiency
- Perform baseline tests for new systems
- Develop and document test procedures, perform testing, and analyze test results
- Manage test lab, including hiring and training staff, hiring outside contractors, and maintaining inventory
- Develop a list of goals, objectives, and metrics to support decision-making, and oversee their achievement
- Develop a written plan for testing, documenting successes and failures, and updating project status
- Develop and execute test strategy, test plan, and test execution according to test plan objectives
- Conduct field verification during system deployment, and report results to operations management
- Develop metrics dashboard for operations
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field
- 3+ years’ proven experience developing tests, test plans, and test procedures
- Strong knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Strong command of English in both oral and written communications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of software
We’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We’re always looking for talented people from all walks of life, no matter their race, religion, national origin, gender, or age. We especially encourage applications from veterans and individuals with disabilities.