Tooling Engineer Job Description
tooling engineer job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Tooling Engineer Job Description
A tooling engineer works in the manufacturing industry, designing new products or modifying existing ones.
Tooling engineers typically work with engineers to design and test new machinery or equipment.
Tooling engineers work with tool makers to find ways to improve existing products or add additional features.
Tooling engineers also test products once they’re completed, to make sure that they’re functioning properly.
We’re looking for a Tooling Engineer to develop and maintain our manufacturing process. You will be responsible for improving our production efficiency and ensuring our products meet the highest quality standards. If you have experience in tooling design and manufacturing, we want you on our team!
Tooling Engineer Duties:
- Consult with manufacturing operations managers, engineers, and designers to ensure proper project tooling for injection molding, blow molding, extrusion, and pressure die casting
- Review draft technical drawings for tooling specifications and tolerances and ensure tooling is designed properly
- Develop documentation on tooling to be used
- Consult with manufacturers on tooling requirements and costs
- Develop and maintain tooling schedules and budgets
- Develop and implement quality control measures
- Review technical data such as CAD drawings, blueprints, and samples for compliance with project specifications and current industry standards
- Assist in manufacturing operations managers, engineers, and designers with troubleshooting
- Monitor and evaluate tooling to ensure quality and efficiency
- Other projects or duties as assigned
Tooling Engineer Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement tooling and fixture solutions to optimize manufacturing operations
- Design and prototype tooling and fixtures, and apply engineering principles to the development of tools
- Operate automated equipment to make product assemblies, and perform quality control inspections
- Develop and implement manufacturing processes, tooling, and fixtures
- Perform maintenance on equipment
- Conduct process and equipment audits
- Develop specifications for tooling, fixtures, and manufacturing processes
- Coordinate work and schedules with the shop floor
- Cleanup tooling and fixtures after use
- Conduct research on new materials and processes
- Report findings and communicate any changes to upper management
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements And Skills:
- B. S. Degree in mechanical engineering
- 3+ years of tool design experience
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, including CNC machining and molding
- Knowledge of conventional machining processes and procedures
- Knowledge of injection molding processes and procedures
- Experience with SolidWorks software
[Company Name] is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive team where everyone can feel welcome and valued. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.