Tour Manager Job Description
tour manager job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Tour Manager Job Description
Tour managers are also referred to as tour administrators and are people responsible for the coordination of tours, events, and travelling.
Tour managers can be hired for large groups that travel together for events such as college campus tours.
Tour managers might also be hired to help plan a family vacation.
Tour managers may also be hired to take individual trips from time to time.
Tour managers coordinate all the details of a trip, such as travel, accommodations, schedules, and itineraries.
Tour managers coordinate transport between airports, hotels, and tourist attractions.
Tour managers will also arrange reservations at restaurants, and stores and restaurants on behalf of their clients.
We’re looking for a Tour Manager to help us with our upcoming tour. This is a great opportunity for someone who loves music and wants to be a part of a growing company. The Tour Manager will be responsible for managing the logistics of the tour, including booking venues, transportation, and accommodations. They will also be responsible for managing the band and crew, and making sure that everything runs smoothly. If you are interested in this position, please send us your resume and a brief cover letter.
Tour Manager Duties:
- Develop and implement effective strategies for sales and customer service at existing tours, private charters, and excursions
- Administer customer feedback and suggestions
- Provide customers with effective daily tour content
- Understand the needs of various clientele
- Manage and oversee all tours and events
- Organize and coordinate documentation, procurement, and inventory services
- Promote a safe, clean, and healthy environment for tour guests
- Maintain effective relationships with tour partners
- Develop and maintain marketing goals
- Promote sales, marketing, and PR strategies
- Research new tour ideas, products, and services
- Manage travel logistics
- Develop and manage budgets
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers
- Develop strong administrative and communication skills
- Develop and maintain team spirit among tour guides and managers
- Ensure all team members are sufficiently trained and motivated
Tour Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage, direct, and oversee all aspects of itinerary planning and service quality to ensure customer satisfaction
- Develop and maintain relationships with hotels, airlines, and other service providers
- Meet with customers and follow-up on satisfaction surveys
- Screen and train employees to ensure tour quality
- Oversee all administrative duties
- Maintain and update SOW and preconstruction documents, and monitor contract obligations with a goal of building relationships with reliable contractors and vendors
- Respond to work delays, emergencies, and other project disruptions
Requirements And Skills:
- Proven experience leading tours
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to organize and lead group discussions
- Comfortable working with all types of cultures
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Understands risk management and be able to act proactively to mitigate risk
At [Company Name], we are an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals.