Transfer Agent Job Description
transfer agent job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Transfer Agent Job Description
A transfer agent is an intermediary between the company issuing a stock and the investor who holds the stock.
The transfer agent registers the securities with the company’s transfer agent, while ensuring that shareholders receive the correct number of shares.
A transfer agent also maintains shareholders’ records, which record transactions, such as dividends, stock splits, and name changes.
The transfer agent also issues shares in new corporate actions, such as stock splits, and issue shares as needed to shareholders who hold records that are incomplete, such as stock certificates or corporate records.
The transfer agent is also responsible for
We’re looking for Transfer Agent to help us move our assets to a new location.
Transfer Agent Duties:
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for investor relations, such as investor meetings, presentations, and client visits
- Provide strategic leadership and direct oversight for internal and external communications, including corporate presentations and social media
- Provide strategic leadership and direction for financial planning and analysis, including forecasting
- Oversee risk management activities
- Provide strategic guidance and oversight for information technology, including data security, information architecture, and business process re-engineering
- Maintain relationships with clients, vendors, and other financial service providers
- Produce financial reports and analyses
Transfer Agent Responsibilities:
- Assist the COO with financial operations, including budget preparation, financial reporting, and valuation models, and oversee the accounting department
- Receive, process, and scan wire transfers, and ensure all transactions are in compliance with company and regulatory requirements
- Monitor the company’s relationships with banks, insurance brokers, financial institutions, and other partners
- Prepare monthly financial statements and quarterly and annual audits
- Perform general accounting functions, including accounts payable and receivable, account reconciliation, payroll, and tax reporting
- Develop and implement new accounting and reporting systems, including creating budgets, forecasting, cost tracking, and payroll
- Conduct monthly inventory and asset audits
- Conduct quarterly physical inventories of equipment and supplies
- Prepare monthly and annual tax returns, financial statements, and other documents
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years’ proven experience working as an internal transfer agent
- Advanced knowledge of SWIFT, ACH, Wire instructions, and Reg M
- Strong knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act, anti-money laundering, and Know Your Customer requirements
At Company Name, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion are key to building a strong and successful team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.