Treasurer Job Description
treasurer job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Treasurer Job Description
The treasurer of a business or organization is the person whose responsibilities include the collection, handling, and management of money collected during the course of business operations.
The treasurer is responsible for keeping track , restocking supplies, and maintaining all business financial documents all monies collected, and for ensuring all money collected is accounted for and appropriately used.
The treasurer is responsible for paying all bills and restocking all supplies, and for maintaining all financial documents of a business.
The treasurer of an organization will work with other officers of the business to ensure the organization’s financial needs are taken care of.
In larger corporations, the treasurer is usually part of a larger legal team, and is responsible for the organization’s legal financial affairs.
We’re looking for a Treasurer who will be responsible for managing our finances and keeping our books in order. The ideal candidate will have experience in financial management and be able to provide accurate reports to our Board of Directors.
- Oversee and direct financial procedures and activities of the organization and its subsidiaries
- Obtain, record, and process all financial information
- Evaluate financial activities and make recommendations related to financial policies and procedures
- Provide consultation and guidance to management on financial matters
- Maintain records of all financial transactions
- Maintain accurate financial records
- Prepare financial reports
- Keep accurate records of receipts and expenditures
- Review and approve internal audit reports
- Research and compile information necessary for reports
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of financial developments and trends
- Coordinate audits with external auditors
- Oversee the accounting department
- Oversee and assist in the preparation of annual budgets
- develop and maintain policies and procedures for the organization
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Prepare all financial reports and documents for monthly management meetings
- Prepare payroll, including payroll taxes, for 80+ employees
- Review and approve purchase orders and compliance requests
- Monitor capital and operating expenditures
- Update, maintain, and analyze accounting records, including fixed assets, payroll, and accounts payable
- Maintain accurate records for tax reporting
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years’ of experience in finance functions, preferably in a credit union
- Experience in banking operations, lending, and treasury operations
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to exercise sound business judgment in processing and evaluating
We at [Company Name] believe in equality for all and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, religions, national origins, genders, , and ages.