Upholsterer Job Description
upholsterer job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Upholsterer Job Description
An upholsterer is someone who repairs and reconditions furniture.
Upholsterers commonly use leather, velvet, vinyl, or a combination of materials.
Upholstery can be traced back to ancient Egypt, India, and China.
The word upholstered is a derivative of the Latin word “uposa,” which means covering.
Upholstery was used to protect the furniture being served.
The first upholstery shop was founded in England in the 1600s.
Upholsterers were considered highly skilled craftsmen.
Upholsterers faced a number of challenges during the 1600s, including a lack of materials, a lack of technology, and competition from mass production techniques.
We’re looking for an upholsterer to help us with a new project. We need someone who is creative and has a good eye for detail. The upholsterer will be responsible for creating new designs and patterns for our furniture. If you are interested in this position, please send us your resume and a portfolio of your work.
- Work to refinish and reupholster furniture
- Recommend appropriate fabric options and color scheme
- Conduct research to find furniture that fits required specification
- Conduct research to find appropriate fabric options
- Decorate furniture by padding and padding material
- Decorate furniture by sewing new or replacing existing upholstery
- Decorate furniture by replacing fabric by sewing new or replacing existing upholstery
- Experience in furniture repair
- Ability to sew upholstery, or at the very least, find someone who can do it for you
- Knowledge of basic construction
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Requirements And Skills:
- Design, construct, and complete custom seating, draperies, and cases according to design specs, quality standards, and safety regulations
- Build three-dimensional mockups using measuring tape, ruler, carpenter’s square, and chalk
- Measure and record dimensions and specifications from blueprints or sketches, and construct seat frame using hand tools and power tools
- Cut, trim, and assemble materials to fabricate upholstered furniture
- Fabricate case frames and dividers
- Fabricate and install upholstery, using sewing machine
- Apply fabric to frames using staple gun, tack gun, or hand tacking
- Install padding and springs
- Finish upholstered furniture and items with piping, padding, or materials
We at Company Name believe that diversity is key to a successful business. We are committed to building a team that is inclusive of people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages. We encourage applications from everyone, including veterans and individuals with different backgrounds and experiences.