Van Salesman Job Description
van salesman job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Van Salesman Job Description
A van salesman, also known as a van saleswoman, is a sales position that’s primary function is to sell van sales to customers.
In this position, a salesperson will contact customers via the phone to get leads on customers that might be interested in buying a van.
These leads are then passed on to a sales manager or sales representative, who contacts the customer and explains the benefits of buying a van, especially one from the dealership.
We’re looking for Van Salesman to join our team and help us continue to provide amazing customer service and grow our business.
Van Salesman Duties:
- Present the company’s products and services to customers
- Provide accurate and pertinent information to customers
- Qualify leads, determine customer’s needs, and close sales transactions
- Provide services that include conveying, training and other value-added activities
- Support sales staff by filling orders, assisting with special projects, and coordinating with colleagues
- Develop and implement sales strategies and plans
- Meet sales goals, quotas, and other company objectives
Van Salesman Responsibilities:
- Develop customers and grow sales by locating and securing sales opportunities; maintaining existing sales relationships; planning and tracking sales activities; contacting leads; researching, developing, closing and managing sales opportunities
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing customers; build long-term, mutually beneficial, and mutually profitable customer relationships
- Maintain knowledge of all products and provide sales support to customers, including presentations, demonstrations, and quotes
- Contribute to company sales goals and plans by achieving monthly and quarterly sales targets
- Plan and forecast sales activities and expenses; analyze, evaluate, and modify sales strategies; identify and document sales opportunities; recommend and implement new sales techniques
- Generate sales leads
- Identify, qualify, and book sales opportunities and leads
- Be prepared for and follow through on sales presentations
- Submit weekly sales reports
- Develop and maintain rapport with customers
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 2+ years’ proven experience selling commercial vehicles
- Knowledge of commercial vehicle products and services
- Strong sales presentation skills
- Excellent knowledge of both written and spoken English
- Knowledge of the automotive and commercial vehicle industry
At Company Name, we’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.